SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a shortage of good used P229's in all favors on the auction and good boards. Any idea why the supply seems to be drying up?

D

·
Registered
55,304 Posts
they are very popular, especially with the legacy slide/german frame!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I got a couple of CPO's from CDNN just before they decided to put the last of their stock on GB and got $300+ more for them.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Haven't tried to keep up with what is currently on the market but, mine is not going anywhere any time soon.I sold a 1911 springer in order to finance mine and can't say I have ever regretted it. I would still like to find a 1911 type with barrel lenght about the same as the 229 in 40 S&W or 357 sig but haven't seen any of those animals around.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a 229 (SA/DA) Elite in 9mm I picked up 2 weeks ago (CPO).

I have a 229SAS DAK in .40 with an additional barrel (.357 Sig) I acquired about years ago...

Great gun and the DAK trigger is actually pretty good.
One of these days soon I’ll offer it up and get it to another good home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
My "local" Gander Outdoors has two used 229's in .357. One is very clean but missing a grip screw. The other is a kind of rough. The clean one has been in their case almost a year.

·
Banned
904 Posts
I have a 229 (SA/DA) Elite in 9mm I picked up 2 weeks ago (CPO).

I have a 229SAS DAK in .40 with an additional barrel (.357 Sig) I acquired about years ago...

Great gun and the DAK trigger is actually pretty good.
One of these days soon I’ll offer it up and get it to another good home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have a few DAK's and don't mind them a bit. Each gun has its own unique qualities and after a while you get used to shooting them in all factors.

I do have my eyes and ears out for SAO in 220, 226, 229. But I can wait on those until the pandemic-rioting-antifa-militia-NAFC-WhitePower-BLM-DemocratFearMongering-DomesticTerrorism-Election-PostElectionRioting-GunBuyingCraze calms down

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Here's a video with SIG folks giving some info.

This AXG is the Emperor Scorpion bit. Limited time to order and is a limited run piece - but they will fill all orders in that time-frame (3 months). Be it 500 orders or 5500 orders.

After that run goes, they'll have the standard version which will share some points as the AXG but won't be as fancy. Vid says sub $1000 for the custom and $799 for the standard one.
I have a few DAK's and don't mind them a bit. Each gun has its own unique qualities and after a while you get used to shooting them in all factors.

I do have my eyes and ears out for SAO in 220, 226, 229. But I can wait on those until the pandemic-rioting-antifa-militia-NAFC-WhitePower-BLM-DemocratFearMongering-DomesticTerrorism-Election-PostElectionRioting-GunBuyingCraze calms down
So you're saying you may never get one? :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts