SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you guys know ranges here in California don't allow double tap or rapid fire shooting.
But as any reasonable person knows that doesn't make for very realistic self defense practice with your gun. Does anyone know where or how I can get around that, without bankrupting myself in the process.

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
Years ago, I went to this place called the Los Angeles Gun Club... They were letting the patrons shoot rapid fire. But that was probably 20 years ago. Try calling them ask about their rapid firing policies. I think they are still in business.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Angeles Shooting Ranges

12651 Little Tujunga Canyon
Lake View Terrace, CA 91342
800-499-4486 or 818-899-2255 Fax 818-834-2985

this place allows double tap but no other rapid fire

Reactions: mattjans

·
Registered
20 Posts
Luckily, I live relatively close to some BLM land that we have access to so my buddies and I simply use that area. I guess it pays to live in the land of the dirt people from time to time.

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
As you guys know ranges here in California don't allow double tap or rapid fire shooting.
Seriously!? You can shoot, but not too fast!? Sooo, how fast is TOO fast?

By comparison, I was at my usual range last month when the guy a couple lanes down opened up with a Thompson SMG. Ran through a 30 rnd mag without letting off the trigger. Some looked around and smiled. A few applauded.

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
Seriously!? You can shoot, but not too fast!? Sooo, how fast is TOO fast?

By comparison, I was at my usual range last month when the guy a couple lanes down opened up with a Thompson SMG. Ran through a 30 rnd mag without letting off the trigger. Some looked around and smiled. A few applauded.
Basically, the ranges that I have been to, too fast is more that 1 shot per second...

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
Basically, the ranges that I have been to, too fast is more that 1 shot per second...
Is that "speed limit" driven by state law/local ordinance or self-imposed by the range (possibly for liability reasons)?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Is that "speed limit" driven by state law/local ordinance or self-imposed by the range (possibly for liability reasons)?
The "speed limit" is enforced by the range themselves. I would say most if not all ranges here in Jersey have a "speed limit". Usually there are posted signs in the ports or at the door and/or the range master/officer will tell you when you arrive.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not 100% on this, but I think Mike Raahagues(speeling?) shooting enterprises lets you shoot however you want. It's in Corona in the prado wetlands. A little pricey at 30 bucks a head but the guy who runs the place is wicked cool!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not 100% on this, but I think Mike Raahagues(speeling?) shooting enterprises lets you shoot however you want. It's in Corona in the prado wetlands. A little pricey at 30 bucks a head but the guy who runs the place is wicked cool!
I contacted mike yesterday to ask, he said rapid fire, holster draws, and walking around holstered are all allowed.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Love my range here in texas! They don't care how fast you fire as long as you stay on paper! Got some videos on youtube if ya wanna look. The channel is Lgustavus81 got a short clip of me rapid firing my Tacops. The rest are of my wife and daughter shooting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LAGC does not allow rapid (at least according to their site). It's 1 or 3 seconds between. I forget which (LAX Range is the other).

OakTree GC does allow rapid.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes, try to find a gun club with a variety of ranges...Mine has 25 yd pistol only, 25 yd plinking (Cans, plastic bottles, etc) 50m, 100m, 300m, 10 bay action ranges, Archery, and knife-hatchet throwing....Rapid fire, holster draw (rules apply when draw is, and is not permitted)....No full auto, or explosive targets, but I'm very happy, good luck in your search.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
One of the indoor gun ranges I go to will allow you to rapid fire after you get an ok from the range officer. I have seen people who cannot control their guns while doing rapid fire. Rounds go all over the place. Some will not allow double tap. Some advise one round per second. Some of the people at these ranges have very little experience. So we all have to suffer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts