SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Full Size RX at the Sig Academy Pro Shop last December and paid 665 which included my Military discount (25% off MSRP)

I see that MSRP is up to 1040 now.....when did that price hike happen and any explanation on why??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
It just happened within the last month. Sig is now on their 4th generation Romeo1 and the price increase is a pass through for changes they have made to increase reliability. What are those changes exactly? Who knows. That's the deal though.

·
Registered
23,648 Posts
...Sig is now on their 4th generation Romeo1....
Details? Specifics? Would like to know more about this.
Where did this information originate?
What changes were made?
Have any of those "generations" actually shipped?
What production dates include the changes?
Which guns?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
The info came from our Sig rep. I went back to double check what he had said and they are actually on version 5 now not 4. This was from about a month ago. It affected both the 226 and 320 packages. Sorry that's all I have. I'd like to know more myself. Basically it was a communication acknowledging the increase as a pass through and not an attempt to make more money on a high demand item. I tend to believe it since Sig already jacked their prices at the start of the year.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Details? Specifics? Would like to know more about this.
Where did this information originate?
What changes were made?
Have any of those "generations" actually shipped?
What production dates include the changes?
Which guns?
One thing is that I think the convexity of the original glass extended beyond the protection of the aluminum hood.

Apparently there was the potential to shatter the optic by using it to cycle the slide during single-hand drills.

No idea about anything else though.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a marking to determine what Generation Romeo is on a firearm?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Bass Pro Shops had the 320C RX on their web sight last week for $750. I called my nearest store and they only had one and it sold just before I called. I have one, wanted a second to keep the SC module on for EDC and the other to have as a house gun with the 21 round magazine. They called me today that one came in, price went up to $880. I bought it anyway. The red dots are the only sights that I can shoot decently and can see under all lighting conditions. I can't get used to shooting with a laser.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bass Pro Shops had the 320C RX on their web sight last week for $750. I called my nearest store and they only had one and it sold just before I called. I have one, wanted a second to keep the SC module on for EDC and the other to have as a house gun with the 21 round magazine. They called me today that one came in, price went up to $880. I bought it anyway. The red dots are the only sights that I can shoot decently and can see under all lighting conditions. I can't get used to shooting with a laser.
The $750 was a sale price they had for a spring promotion that ended on 5/24 I think. I picked one up during the sale but I guess the price went back to their normal price. By the way mine was born on 4/30/17 in case it helps.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
It doesn't matter what generation the Romeo 1 sight is on. Sig has a life time warranty on the optic so if mine craps out down the road and I send it back I will most likely get a new Romeo 1 in its current version to replace the damaged one. Kinda like a free upgrade!
Their warranty is a little confusing. Their website says they have an infinite lifetime guarantee, but it also says there is only a 5 year warranty on the electronic components of the optic.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Move to Massachusetts. You won't be burdened with all of these difficult decisions because you can't have an RX in this open-minded state! :huh:

No chance in he double hockey sticks. I "escaped" from that place 16 years ago. Unfortunately I still work there but a smile crosses my face each afternoon seeing it in the rear view

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Move to Massachusetts. You won't be burdened with all of these difficult decisions because you can't have an RX in this open-minded state! :huh:
Now that is just plain ridiculous.

I bought my 320f rx around three months ago for $665. I had to drive half way across the state to find one but I thought the price was decent. I figured they would come down in price once supply caught up with demand. Guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Move to Massachusetts. You won't be burdened with all of these difficult decisions because you can't have an RX in this open-minded state!

No chance in he double hockey sticks. I "escaped" from that place 16 years ago. Unfortunately I still work there but a smile crosses my face each afternoon seeing it in the rear view

If you're ever looking for a quiet 30 minutes of reflection on how lucky you are to not be living in Massachusetts (unless of course you're in NJ, NY, or CA) then Google, Massachusetts Approved Firearms Roster. I believe it changes monthly.

Before I went Sig, I actually went to buy a Glock 43. No go said the LGS. It's on the approved roster BUT when you get to the point of purchase you find it's LEO approved only. What a load of horse ****. Just like 2 Tango, in 36 months we're out. Goodbye snow and knee jerk gun laws.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Move to Massachusetts. You won't be burdened with all of these difficult decisions because you can't have an RX in this open-minded state!
It's surely not a "can't have" but more a "stores won't sell you." There are plenty of creative ways if you're resourceful!
Doesn't work that way. There are no RX's available for purchase inside MA and unless you're willing to break the law then it's a non starter. Being "resourceful" will not be a good defense if Johnny Law is sending you to the slam. Best defense against this is a moving truck. There might come a day when there are 2A and non 2A states the way things are in some states these days.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.