SIG Talk banner

What's your favorite sights?

4409 19
My 320sc came with the contrast sights and I'm looking to get some new sights but with all the options available I'm at a loss for which ones to go with. This will be my primary carry gun.

I've been interested in ameriglo, Dawson precision, truglo, and trigicon.

I really like the truglo tfx because they combined tridium with the fiber optic but I'm worried the rear sight will be too "busy" or distracting

What are your favorite setups for your carry guns?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have used the contrast sights, siglites, and Sig Xray sights. The xrays are my favorite, the front dot is large and bright while the back sight is muted or "blacked out" with a faint glow. The target acquisition is way faster then the other two I have tried. They are perfect for me and don't see myself needing any other kind.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My 320sc came with the contrast sights and I'm looking to get some new sights but with all the options available I'm at a loss for which ones to go with. This will be my primary carry gun.

I've been interested in ameriglo, Dawson precision, truglo, and trigicon.

I really like the truglo tfx because they combined tridium with the fiber optic but I'm worried the rear sight will be too "busy" or distracting

What are your favorite setups for your carry guns?
I have the TruGlo TFX 'Pro' on my Glock 43. The fiber optics are nowhere near as bright as a straight-up fiber optic sight during the day, so don't worry about being distracted by that. I wished they were a bit brighter. In the dark they show up nicely, but not like Sig's night sights. I have Hiviz factory installed fiber optic sights on my Performance Center M&P shield and they are amazing in the daylight, but that might bother you because they really stand out. Not me! I just wish they had tritium in them for nighttime. The factory Sig night sights are pretty damn good, but not great in the daytime. They just can't match a fiber optic sight for daytime, however, they are really good at night! If the front sight had a bit of phosphorescent paint on the outer rim for daylight, they might be close to perfect. I've been seriously considering Trijicon HD sights for my home defense Glock 17. Looks like they have the best of both worlds. If I were you, I'd seriously consider the Trijicons.

·
Registered
383 Posts
After all of my rambling a couple posts up I ended up buying AmeriGlo red/orange I-Dot sights for my Home defense, nighttime only Glock 17 pistol. This rarely used, and in perfect condition 90s vintage gen 2, (no finger groves) also has a weapon light and Lasermax guide rod laser, so now I'm fully covered. I really like the design of the I-Dot for quick target acquisition.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O5C0LFS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
383 Posts
Trijicon hd...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
The AmeriGlo sights I just bought were made by Trijicon. The front sight is the same as the Trijicon HD but the rear only has one dot in the middle of the sight vs two. $89 vs $150 Not that I'm trying to be cheap, but I was sold on the concept of a single rear tritium insert for faster target acquisition. I'm curious to see how well they work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After all of my rambling a couple posts up I ended up buying AmeriGlo red/orange I-Dot sights for my Home defense, nighttime only Glock 17 pistol. This rarely used, and in perfect condition 90s vintage gen 2, (no finger groves) also has a weapon light and Lasermax guide rod laser, so now I'm fully covered. I really like the design of the I-Dot for quick target acquisition.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O5C0LFS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Now that you say that, the ameriglo cap line really caught my eye a while ago and I forgot about them. I wish they made the tcap with the slimmer front for Sig's but the square sight with a blacked out rear with just the painted bar sounded really nice. Just not sure if I want something without tritium for the rear

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm rather partial to my home brew sights. I started with the factory Sig nights sights. I like the lower profile of them compared to the HD's. Love the HD sights, but tried them on my 320 and they were a bit to high for my liking.

Next up was my modified rear Sig night sight. Removed the coating and blacked them out. The trituim still glows at night, but during the day they look like a plain black rear sight. I then replaced the front sight with an Ameriglo Pro Glo front. either yellow or orange, I have used both and prefer the orange.

The xray sights are nice as well, but I still prefer the brighter front sight. I have a set of Xray sights on order right now, as I am going to use the rear with my Ameriglo front.

I like my modified rear Sig sight well enough, but I do like the serrations on the Xrays rear.

Current setup, modified rear Sig sight, and ameriglo pro glo yellow front.

TXPO

Reactions: RobC

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you're replacing front and back as a set, I would get either the TFX Pros or Trijicon HDs. I have both, among a bunch of others (Mep Tru Dots, Siglite NS, etc.), and love them. The Trijicons HDs are almost identical to the Sig Xray3 sights on the Legion.

Both sets have a "ledge" on the rear sight for one-handed slide manipulation which is important for a carry pistol. Stay away from fiber optic only sights as they're useless in the dark and are primarily for outdoor range/competition use. The TFX Pros are awesome in almost any light with that fiber optic and tritium combination. I find that in total darkness they don't glow quite as bright as the Trijicon HDs since the tritium vials in the TFXs are behind the fiber optic element (they still glow nicely).

If you are worried about being distracted by bright rear sights, then get the Trijicon HDs (or Sig Xray3 sights) since the rear sights are anti-glare and do not really stand out in normal-bright light, but that front sight is awesome with either an orange or yellow ring (Trijicon HDs) or green ring (Xray3s).

Oh yeah! If you are of the mindset that most/all of your sights should be the same type or model for consistency... just be aware that all the slides in the P320 caliber x-change kits come with Siglite Night Sights...

If you have access to sight tools and can do it yourself (or have a friend that can do it for you), buy the sights through Amazon... both sets generally sell between $115-$125 (at least the 5 sets of both I've purchased - sometimes you have to be a little patient) and with Prime of course free S&H (buy when Amazon is the seller and will fulfill the order... just more reliable and easier to deal with IMO should there be an issue).

Here are the Trijicon HDs (just pics I pulled online):

... and the TFX Pros...

Reactions: dpadams6

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like a tritium/white ring front and a plain black rear. On my P938 I blacked out the rear night sight with Testors. I also opened up the channel width to yield stronger side bars on the short pistol. Very happy with the sights now.

If I install aftermarket sights I prefer the Hackathorns Grey Beard referenced above.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
I like Dawson Precision or the Trijicon HDs.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have Siglite night sights on my P320sc and X-Ray3 U notch sights on my P320c. Regular Trijicon night sights on my M&P45 and OEM Trijicon night sights on my FNX-9. I am trying to decide what to put on my M&P9c. I'm leaning towards Trijicon HD for that. All of the above have their pluses and minuses but I really like the Siglite sights. I guess my ideal sights would be a Siglite front and X-Ray3 U notch or Trijicon HD rear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.