SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an IWB FoxX holster (hybrid) for my P365 and really like it. It's very comfortable to wear. After trying different options, I settled down at 3 o'clock position for the best concealment and comfort. But I am struggling on determining the ride height. The holster has 5 adjustments for that. Based on what I heard, the lower the height, the better concealment is (and more secure, too). However, I found it's really uncomfortable when sitting down unless I make it pretty high (see attached photo). I can't imagine how other people do it when holstering in AIWB. I would like to know if the height is too high in my case. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
The best thing to do is experiment with the ride heights to find a happy medium between concealment comfort and being able to establish a good grip purchase.
Although I use a different holster I still had to experiment with cant and ride heights to find the best adjustments for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
34 Posts
I find for best overall comfort I gotta have the gun as low in my pants as possible, otherwise it's digging into my ribs when I sit down. I also like to carry at 3 o'clock. Appendix carry is very uncomfortable for me. You just gotta experiment what works best for you. I don't see a problem with the height in your photo if it works for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I find for best overall comfort I gotta have the gun as low in my pants as possible, otherwise it's digging into my ribs when I sit down. I also like to carry at 3 o'clock. Appendix carry is very uncomfortable for me. You just gotta experiment what works best for you. I don't see a problem with the height in your photo if it works for you.
If I lower the holster, the bottom part of leather will dig into the end of my thigh when sitting down. Yes, it's so true that the gun will dig into the ribs if it's too high. The current height is a compromise for me. Initially, it's kind of irritating in the hot day because the grip was rubbing my skin. That problem went away after I installed the Hogue grip sleeve.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The best ride height is whatever is most comfortable for you, while still maintaining the ability to get a good grip on the pistol (you don't want your knuckles jamming on your belt if it sits too low). Just keep experimenting and see what works for you.

I don't carry at 3 o-clock anymore, but when I did I felt that higher was most comfortable, since the gun wouldn't dig into my hip or interfere with a seatbelt as much.

Carry on!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
wmd1942 I carry at 3:00 also in a MTAC with a p250c body as thats all they had almost 6 years ago . MY primary carry is a P320c 40sw and carry it about the same as your rig .

Feel free to trim away unneeded or bothersome leather too but go slowly . The only person that all this matters to is YOU so find what works best for you .

·
Registered
78 Posts
I carry 3:00 and I like it sitting deep. I tend to wear tighter shirts, so riding high causes the butt to really print.

I think you'll find that we all carry differently based on our body shapes and clothing type.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I have a 365XL with a Vedder lighttuck IWB and couldn't find a ride height that worked with factory adjustment. I wear an XXL glove and my belt always seemed to interfere with my fingers trying to get a grip. I emailed Vedder about the possibility of adding another hole but never heard anything.

Left without much choice I ended up drilling another hole in the clip to raise the ride height. Because of that change, the claw hit my hand when grabbing the gun, so I ended up making a claw.

Note how the claw is low enough and close to the holster to minimize any interference with my hand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought an IWB FoxX holster (hybrid) for my P365 and really like it. It's very comfortable to wear. After trying different options, I settled down at 3 o'clock position for the best concealment and comfort. But I am struggling on determining the ride height. The holster has 5 adjustments for that. Based on what I heard, the lower the height, the better concealment is (and more secure, too). However, I found it's really uncomfortable when sitting down unless I make it pretty high (see attached photo). I can't imagine how other people do it when holstering in AIWB. I would like to know if the height is too high in my case. Thanks.
Whatever works best for you, like previously suggested try different angles and heights. We are all different so find your combination.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Understand as you try to carry higher on your body you may find your will want a longer holster to aid with keeping the top part pressed in tight to the body . WE found a few 1911 holster we have fit the P365xl but the XL's 3.7" barrels the distance from the trigger guard out its basically the same as my wifes kimber 1911 ultra but she also found the Commander length holster keeps the top of the pistol tighter to her body than a shorter Ultra sized holster . Not like you have a lot of changes with kydex only holsters as far as the p365 or even the XL is concerned but since we dislike Kydex only holsters it matters little . We were high on our sides at 3:00 . ! Oh , There is NO proper ride height , only what works for you .

·
Registered
424 Posts
While looking for YOUR comfortable postion please keep in mind its intended purpose. Its to carry a firearm you may need quickly. So make sure to practice draw from seated and standing position.

You may find it more comfrotable to wear in one position or another but then find it very difficult to accurately draw your weapon. I find many IWB (I hate IWB by the way) come designed for maximum concealment so they sit way deep which is fine but I have trouble even with practice getting a solid draw because I cant get my thumb deep enough.

At very least .. its embarrassing to draw your gun and then drop it at the floor although you could use the time your adversary is laughing at you to beat feet.

If I am going to make an decision with both long range comfort and ability to deploy I will err on the side of deployment.

I think there is some saying about guns being comforting and not comfortable.

Have you tried to draw from the position its in in the pic you posted. I am not the tallest guy at 5'9 and that looks to high for me. Might be fine standing but can you get it out sitting

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
What ever height/position that is the most comfortable will also conceal the best. Why? If it isn't comfortable you'll constantly be adjusting it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've appendix carried for years. For some reason I am having a difficult time with the 365. The only answer is to keep going through holsters until you find the one that suits your build/carry combination.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,061 Posts
To me ride height is more of a personal preference. I prefer mine to be as low as possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts