SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local gun shop has a LNIB P226 X5 Short and Smart (2013) for a price that seems too good to be true.

It's the owners personal gun. He says that he's only put 50 rounds through it since he bought it new. It's all original and includes the plastic box, 2 mags, target, accessories, manuals, etc. The outer box is gone, but the end with the labels is there.

I've had the urge for a P226 SAO Legion for a while and this looks like it would cure that nicely. I haven't paid much attention to the X5 or X6 series and don't know a lot about them. What makes this one "Smart"?

There are two listed on GB right now for $3000 +/-, one new and one used.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anything shy of 2500 would be a reasonable price today. I can't say what makes it "smart" but what makes it excellent is the German gun smith's that made it.
It was real shy of $2500.00, that's why I was wondering.

He was only asking $1699.99 for it. While I was looking it over, he said he would take off another $100 if I wanted it. I told him I would take it, put a cash down-payment on it and shook his hand. I'll go back and pick it up tomorrow or the next day.

I would regret it forever if I didn't jump on it and it wouldn't be there tomorrow.

·
P228 Sherpa
7,431 Posts

He was only asking $1699.99 for it. While I was looking it over, he said he would take off another $100 if I wanted it. I told him I would take it, put a cash down-payment on it and shook his hand. I'll go back and pick it up tomorrow or the next day.

I would regret it forever if I didn't jump on it and it wouldn't be there tomorrow.
I would jump on it pronto at that price. That's highway robbery right there.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts

Holly Molly - that's a great deal!! You are very lucky to bump into that guy, just as he apparently REALLY needed to sell his X5. Congrats!!

Cheers

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to ask him if he has any more when I go pick it up. :)

He said he was cleaning out his safes at home and selling off a lot of guns that he never shoots or lost interest in.

I've been doing business with him, off and on, for over 25 years. He used to work the gun shows around D/FW, North Texas and the Panhandle areas. He finally quit the gun show circuit, settled down and owns a gun store where I am now.

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
I couldn't wait and picked her up today. I think I'm in love!

There are only 4 holes in that target. Surely J. Sydow didn't miss hitting the paper!

Unfortunately, he doesn't have anymore X-Series. :(

Absolutely awesome.
And, no. J. Sydow didnt miss :)
Those X5's are real shooters. Congratz man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.