SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
My first gun was a youth model Sears .22cal single shot rifle. My dad ordered it from the Sears and Roebuck catalogue and it was delivered to our house. Yes in those days you didn't have to go through a FFL dealer. You could mail order guns and have them delivered to your house.

I passed it down to my oldest son, who I hope will pass it down to his son when he is old enough.

As a kid I took real good care of it and when I gave it to my son it looked almost as good as it did the day I got it.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I bought a Ruger P89 back in 1990. It was my first pistol and the first gun that I purchased. I was given a Marlin Glenfield model 60 and a Stevens 20ga. single shot shotty as a teen. I still have the model 60 but I traded the single shot to a friend for his pump. I had to sell the Ruger when I fell on hard times to keep the lights on for another month. Did not have another pistol until I purchased my SP2022 five or six years ago.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
My first gun was an Iver Johnson 22 semi auto. I bought it used in 1988 because it was cheap. I don't know the model number. I didn't have it too long and never disassembled it. I do remember that it was a true pocket gun and would easily disappear in a jean jacket pocket.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My first gun was a 22-250...my father bought it for me when I was just a young boy. He still has it. The first gun I bought myself was a Mak-90 that I bought just before the assault weapon ban. I still have it but it needs a new stock on it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Marlin model 60, which I still own. Next was a Remington 7400 in 30.06 which wasn't very reliable, so I sold it off to buy a Browning BAR Safari in 30.06, which I still own and is my favorite deer hunting rifle. Stupidly I sold off my first pistol, a Beretta 92fs straight dust cover/no warning label. Maybe my new Brig Tac can make up for that:-}

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Commercial model with adjustable rear sights, blue. Bought it in 1985 and still have it. Most naturally pointing and shooting weapon I have ever used.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Dad had already gotten a Browning .22 long rifle (Belgiun, of course) when I was 12 or so, but I was about 15 when my dad gave me my Browning light 12 Auto 5 (12 guage) shotgun for Christmas. We went down to Cranmans Sporting Goods and I picked it out. Yep, I literally had that "kid at Christmas time" feeling. Thank you daddy . . . I love and miss you greatly!

Reactions: Luckypup

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
My first hand gun was a Browning Hi-Power. My father had one that I had shot a few times as a youth. When I became old enough I bought my own. Purchased in 1975 and it's still a beauty.

The first gun I bought was a Beretta 12 gauge over and under

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ruger Security-Six .357 when I was 15 years old. My stepdad had to do the paperwork, as I wasn't old enough to do it myself, but I paid for it.
The first one I bought on my own was a 10/22 in 1983 when I turned 18. It was $89.00.
I still have it, and after 30,000 or so rounds it still shoots as well as ever, which is wonderfully! After all those rounds though, the trigger is as crappy as it was the day I bought it. They have never been known for great triggers, but you learn to master it.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Besides the ones I inherited by simply being born and the ones family bought along the way, the first gun I personally purchased was a P229 in .357 Sig in 1994.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.