SIG Talk banner
4381 - 4400 of 4410 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Went to take a second look at an Ed Brown Special Forces that had been a a local shop for several weeks & sitting next to it was an Executive Carry so I got to compare the two side by side, After a long careful evaluation the Executive came home with me. One owner with the original build sheet & was delivered in 2009, hasn't been shot or carried much & needed a good cleaning-hope to get out & shoot it today.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just added a Glock 17 gen 5 mos to the crew. After my 2 sigs I went with a full size after shooting my friends at the range. Glock was never my thing but they did some great things with the gen 5 mos. It has style instead of the blocky glock we all know. And the reliability is top notch. It eats the ammo that gives my sigs issues. Couldn't be happier!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,860 Posts
A Remington 870, an iconic shotgun, I picked up for around $400, off of Gun Broker a couple of weeks ago.

Here's what it looked like, originally... from it's previous residence in Virginia...

Rem8709.jpg

Here it is "NOW"...

DSCN2747 (3).JPG

I wonder of it fits "Sleepy Joes" definition of a Home Defense Weapon... now!

I've got a case of fresh Nobel Low Recoil 00 Buck in route to fill it, but currently have some residual Remington Low Recoil 00 Buck from my days in LE filling it now....

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
S&W Performance Center M&P9 Shield EZ, Black Ported Barrel, Black Trigger, Thumb Safety. Been looking for this specific item for 16 months.

Reactions: hauki and christak

·
Registered
392 Posts
One of my recent not-a-SIGs I picked up

Smith & Wesson 627-0 Model of 1989 357 Magnum

Picked it up used and either the guy worked wonders keeping them clean, or it was never shot (which for sure can no longer be said)

20210719_133941.jpg

·
Registered
433 Posts
CZ 457 .22LR with Turkish Walnut stock and 20.5” barrel

View attachment 409464

View attachment 409465
That's pretty. I love a good bolt action .22.

Years ago ('80), when I left the Navy and went to Mizzou I read a magazine about high quality .22 rifles for squirrel hunting. Until then, I thought .22s were just cheap plinking toys.

What captured my eye were the rifles from some upstart company called Kimber. They had great rifles. I wanted one, but the nearest dealer (from another upstart company working out of a trailer near Columbia...Midway USA ) wanted $500 for one. Too much for this student's blood. BUT! Midway did have, and advocated highly, a Remington 541S for $300. I added a Leupold 6X scope and brought it home. And this be me precious darlin' here.

About a month later, I was at another gun shop in Mexico, MO, called Graf & Sons. It turns out they had the Kimber I wanted for only $350. For $50 more, I'd have gotten that Kimber. But no matter...my 541S has killed hundreds of squirrels and it's just great.

That CZ looks really good.

4381 - 4400 of 4410 Posts