SIG Talk banner
4361 - 4380 of 4410 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
So I walked into Sportsman’s WH looking for gun grease and looked on the wall and they had a dozen old revolvers. A few real beaters, but cool. A couple model 10’s and hiding behind them was this Model 66-2. It’s had a lot of use over the years and shows. I’ve never seen actual rust on a stainless gun before. It looked sad and in need of a home. The price was right for a project so I grabbed it. The inside was nasty, but cleaned up well and it functions great now. Lots of scratches and dings, I mean “patina”.

The box it came in was a distributor and dated July 2020. Salesman thought they were part of a big police trade in that had been sitting in a warehouse and just got sent out to the stores.

I was thinking about having it bead blasted and finding newer grips. Then I thought, she earned her scars. I’m going to leave her the way she is. View attachment 404221 View attachment 404222
Very nice find!!

Reactions: hauki

·
Registered
446 Posts
Not the most recent, but here's a just-before-the-pandemic steal from a LGS: a minty, super clean S&W 645. One mag, no box. Fortunately, I have a model 4566 which uses the same mags, of which I have eight.

$355 OTD. They didn't know what they had ... (y)

View attachment 404210

View attachment 404211

:cool:
Is it a 45ACP? Those older metal framed Smiths are.very rare to find. I guess a lot of people are holding on to them. I think S&W should not have discontinued their whole line of their traditional service pistols.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is it a 45ACP?
Yes. The model 645 was the 2nd Gen predecessor to the 3rd Gen 4506. In the mid-'80s, 645s became widely issued L.E. duty guns for depts and agencies abandoning the 9mm.

Those older metal framed Smiths are.very rare to find. I guess a lot of people are holding on to them
Apparently ... GB prices for minty/LNIB 3rd Gen S&Ws are insane. A 10mm 1066 just sold there for $2900.00.

I think S&W should not have discontinued their whole line of their traditional service pistols.
Yeah, I agree.

Smith should've kept in production at least one representative gun from each of the 3rd Gen series, i.e., 59XX, 69XX 39XX, 10XX, 45XX, & 40XX.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My last purchase was a Staccato P, I am really impressed with it. When I buy a new handgun over the first couple of months of ownership I bring it along on all range trips and put 3 to 4 thousand rounds through it. During this time I might change out grips, sights, springs or guide rods, barrel bushings, trigger springs, or other small parts. Some of the changes are for function, some are cosmetic. The Staccato is one gun that I have no plans of changing out any parts. All I have bought is a holster, 2 more magazines, and extra recoil springs.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement, but didn't/doesn't Sig still offer their railed 1911 TacOps in the most-awesome 10mm AUTO?
Yes 1911 TACOPS in 10mm and 1911 Nightmare Carry in .357 sig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Picked up my BUL SAS 2 2011 UL from my FFL yesterday. I have to say this pistol feels great in my hands. Will be a few weeks before I get to the range to get some rounds through her. Doesn’t matter because I’m waiting for the holster which will probably be about a month anyway and of course I don’t carry any pistol until I shoot it. But I am definitely looking forward to it. She feels and looks beautiful.
87545B88-CCA4-4019-9ABC-7D1259FB2711.jpeg
718074CA-6820-4817-907A-510458EE2E9C.png

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Glock 17M Commercial version of the FBI contract G17M, which was the predecessor to G17 Gen5. There’s a small batch of these selling at the major online dealers.

$$$ on GB.
  • USA Slide Rollmark - Made in America
  • Ameriglo Bold steel sights instead of Ameriglo Agent sights (square rear sight group base vs. U rear sight group base)
  • nDLC slide coating
  • No nDLC coating on the trigger bar and connector (different part #)
  • Rounded mag release
  • Extended ambi slide release nib
  • Marksman barrel
  • Barrel marked G17 M (not 5 or Gen5)
  • U cut for jammed mag removal
  • Old style shelf where muzzle meets frame (just a slight mismatch)
  • Pink label
Otherwise it is a Gen5 G17. Small Arms Solutions video on G17M

Bolded items above are FBI spec.

·
Registered
934 Posts
We live in a great time to be firearm enthusiasts. An amazing number of great guns being made right now by a variety of manufacturers. Lots of options that run the gambit.

Sometimes, I see guns I really like and they....gasp....aren't SIG's. The last 2 guns I have bought were a Kahr PM45 and a H&K P30SK V1. Both are great guns. Strictly for a target gun, I'm also looking at a Walther PPQ M2 and/or a PPS M2. Both have a bit too much of a hair trigger for me to be a carry gun. I'll also eventually buy a H&K P2000SK V2. Except for the PM45, all the above are in 9mm.

What have you bought lately that wasn't a SIG? How it is shooting for you?
H&K P30SK V3 with night sites, DA/SA, decocker, no safety😃

4361 - 4380 of 4410 Posts