SIG Talk banner

4221 - 4240 of 4270 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
S&W 500ES 2.75” snubby!
These are a hoot to shoot.
Also a 3.5” SW 500 performance center.
3rd pic is s group photo of my SW 500 and 460 XVR Snub nose revolvers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The light LEM and the long slide/barrel... favorite setup ever. I also have light LEM on a P30SK and HK45c. The people at my range think I am an oddball.
We obviously have similar likes/tastes. I’ve got all the above as well. Totally agree. And... your not the oddball. Your the smart one that knows quality, reliability and bleed Black and Red!! 👍🏻

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've not bought any SIGs in over a year. Bought two lever actions though and lots of ammo.

Latest lever action, bought last weekend, was a Winchester '92 Trapper, takedown with an octagon barrel, .44 magnum:

I've wanted a lever action carbine with an octagon barrel for a long time. I didn't know that Winchester (Miroku) has been making these in small numbers off and on for a while, so when I saw one for sale, with all the features I wanted (save SS), I jumped on it. It has a low serial number (002xx) so it is probably one of the first batches made, although not sure which.

It was NIB/unfired when I bought it. I was thinking I would leave it that way, but that lasted about two days - I took it out and put 5 rounds thru it. Despite the metal crescent buttstock plate, it isn't bad on my worn out injured shoulder. I won't be taking it out hunting or using it as a truck gun, more something to hand down - I will be using my Rossi 92 carbine for that.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
The light LEM and the long slide/barrel... favorite setup ever. I also have light LEM on a P30SK and HK45c. The people at my range think I am an oddball.
Very smart. I have a P30L, P30SK, and HK45C Tactical. All are DA/SA. It took me a lot of training and practice to shoot the DA very well. I really believe the very heavy DA (worst than Sigs), and to be honest not great trigger, accentuated the flaws in my technique and with corrections made me a much better shooter. If a person can learn to shoot well the HK DA system they can shoot any pistol.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Marlin 336C in .30-30 Win., JG-stamped barrel, made in 1972, in EX+ condition... Picked it up a week ago for $600.00; now to find ammo for it! :sneaky:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very smart. I have a P30L, P30SK, and HK45C Tactical. All are DA/SA. It took me a lot of training and practice to shoot the DA very well. I really believe the very heavy DA (worst than Sigs), and to be honest not great trigger, accentuated the flaws in my technique and with corrections made me a much better shooter. If a person can learn to shoot well the HK DA system they can shoot any pistol.
That’s so funny we have basically the same HKs just different triggers. You make an interesting point, and it underscores a thought I have had that most people’s preferences regarding triggers can be overcome with training. (Not talking about genuinely horrible triggers on off brand handguns). I’m guessing the HK DA/SA system can be modified to improve it, but it sounds like training solved the issues for you.

LEM is super interesting, very easy to use, and I think it’s one of the most inaccurately described control/trigger systems. Most of the time the way people (who dislike it) describe it reveals that they haven’t understood how to use it as intended. It took me one session at the range to see very quickly how nice it is. When shooting, the short reset and light spring tension compare favorably to my SIG.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I hate that I like this Kimber, but I do
I get it. I didn't want to like it either. But man, that trigger is probably the nicest, smoothest production trigger on a modern, currently-produced revolver I've ever felt. Add in swappable, dovetail sights, 6-round capacity in the slimmest cylinder width available and that gorgeous brushed stainless finish and it was all over.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don’t get it! It looks like an awesome gun to me; is there some rejection of Kimber by revolver fans?
what does it mean for a revolver to be DA/SA, do the Hammer return to a cocked position after the first shot?

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I don’t get it! It looks like an awesome gun to me; is there some rejection of Kimber by revolver fans?
what does it mean for a revolver to be DA/SA, do the Hammer return to a cocked position after the first shot?
Revolver purists can be slow to accept new things - for many, there are really only three revolver brands worth considering (or less), and Kimber is still considered a relative 'newcomer' in the revolver world. And, I think there were some Q&A issues with some Kimber 1911s in the past, and so by association, some people think that my happen with their revolvers as well, but I have seen very little if any Q&A issues being reported with the Kimber revolvers (kinda funny people don't seem to apply that same criticism to S&W, when there have been plenty of problems over the years to point to...) The general consensus has been that the Kimbers are really nice and well made. I thoroughly inspected mine at the LGS prior to buying it, and I truly can't find any manufacturing imperfection on it anywhere - the F&F is excellent.

I plan to put as many rounds through it in the near future as I can, given the ongoing scarcity, and if I encounter any issues with it, I'll report back.

"DA/SA" on a revolver simply means it has an exposed hammer that allows it to be manually cocked and fired in SA mode. Until recently, all of Kimber's revolvers were DAO with a shrouded hammer.

·
Premium Member
11,510 Posts
CMMG resolute 100 9mm MKGS...because why not?
View attachment 394313
I got a CMMG radial-delayed blowback bolt and barrel a while back and have made it my main PCC for competition. Love the system, and I've also got a shorter barrel which I'm looking to mate up with a suppressor.

4221 - 4240 of 4270 Posts