SIG Talk banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
P365 - 66A
P365XL - 66B
P365X Macro - 66F

I don't think there is any designation with the first three digits and Sig just number them sequentially as they roll off the assembly line. Which makes some sorta sense seeing that the FCU will work in an X Macro, SAS, XL, etc. If true, Sig's knocking on the door of cranking out 6 million P365 FCU's. Just happy my P365's serial is under 1,000.

·
🎖USAF Retired
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well, I reached out to Sig to ask if there was a difference and the below is the response I got.
There really isn’t any rhyme or reason to the lettering in the serial numbers. The 66As were some of the earlier ones, and we have gone to 66B and 66F after that. There isn’t anything that would indicate that it’s a 66A versus a 66F. We make rolling design changes to our parts on a constant basis, and we don’t keep a list of those revisions.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, I reached out to Sig to ask if there was a difference and the below is the response I got.
"We make rolling design changes to our parts on a constant basis, and we don’t keep a list of those revisions."

What?? I've worked in manufacturing my entire life and with any product revision/engineering changes, there were always Drawings, Bill of Materials, etc. that were documented and kept on file. "Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER is an ISO 9001 certified company." There is a list of changes somewhere in Newington, Just not available to the public.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Well with no C, D or E that would put the number of P365's nearing 3 million.
That's a healthy number for four years of production that includes COVID slow-downs/shutdowns and supply chain headaches.
and still selling well.

Reactions: Andy105

·
Registered
964 Posts
If there was “no rhyme or reason” to the letter changes, why would they bother to change it at all? Somebody gave the order to go from 66A to 66B, etc. It must mean something. Year, batch, material supplier source change…weird.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If there was “no rhyme or reason” to the letter changes, why would they bother to change it at all? Somebody gave the order to go from 66A to 66B, etc. It must mean something. Year, batch, material supplier source change…weird.
You only have 999,999 possibilities with each number. When 66A999,999 was made, the next would be 66B000001.
It would be nice if you could decipher year and month by just looking at the serial number, but Sig went straight up sequential grabbing P365 FCUs as needed regardless of what was being built.

Curious... anyone build a P365 or just order the FCU? Curious if those serial numbers follow suit.

·
🎖USAF Retired
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
"We make rolling design changes to our parts on a constant basis, and we don’t keep a list of those revisions."

What?? I've worked in manufacturing my entire life and with any product revision/engineering changes, there were always Drawings, Bill of Materials, etc. that were documented and kept on file. "Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER is an ISO 9001 certified company." There is a list of changes somewhere in Newington, Just not available to the public.
Yea, I agree.. I just figured it was a CS that doesn’t know, isn’t allowed to say, or to lazy to go find out. But it is what it is so…

41 - 60 of 62 Posts