SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided on either the Sig X-Rays or the Trijicon HD's. Called the better gun shops in the area. No one has either sight set for a Sig.

So I asked if I purchased the sights could they install them? Nope no one has a Sig sight tool, to include Gander Mountain.

So whats my next option? Send my slide assembly to Sig? Sounds like they cater to Glocks a lot.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,304 Posts
Hard to believe, no one(business), in the area the size of Little Rock, has a tool. Yes Glocks are more prevalent, basically because they are lower in cost, one of their marketing advantages to LE agencies who normally have to go with lowest cost.
Sig will install the X-Rays of course, but not the Trijicon HDs. Call Sig CS, and tell them what you want done, and they should walk you through the process of how to proceed.

Reactions: tawcat

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard to believe, no one(business), in the area the size of Little Rock, has a tool. Yes Glocks are more prevalent, basically because they are lower in cost, one of their marketing advantages to LE agencies who normally have to go with lowest cost.
Sig will install the X-Rays of course, but not the Trijicon HDs. Call Sig CS, and tell them what you want done, and they should walk you through the process of how to proceed.
I called two of the more popular gun shops, they told me the same thing. One actually told me they knew of no one in the area that did Sig sights. Unreal.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have the universal sight tool. Works great.

Reactions: tawcat

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I was going to say buy a universal sight tool and do it your self . I much prefer the stock NS sig use's . Use to be Mepro .

I gave my old sight tool to a son in law to use and bought a NcStar and it works real well . Cost less to your door with a couple good files to fit if needed than a gunsmith will .

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are sig sight tools available all over the net but they are usually pricey. I found them from $40 to $200+. Having you own allows you to adjust later. Found this one for $40. HJP Products Sight Pusher Universal Adjustment Tool. Probably junk but you aren't buying as a gunsmith. It only has to work "good enough."

Good luck.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These sight tools can be used for front sight as well?

Thanks, I'll probably invest in one of these. Much cheaper sending it back to Sig etc.

·
Registered
202 Posts
This is one of the areas where Glock shines - You send in your slide to Glock and they install Meprolight OEM Night Sights for $57, no fuss - basically its the cost of sights and free install, amazing.

Now, thinking Sig should be offering similar services, this link says Sig armorer will install Siglites for $120 if you send in your slide - I would call and ask what kind of "upcharge" they would do for the Xray3 sights -

https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

Let us know how you do - I'd like to know about the charge for the Xray's personally - I have Siglites on mine but want that brighter front sight.
EDIT: Looks like Sig sells their sights for $72 on the store, which isn't a bad price - I would hope since they are charging additional $50 install fee on them (for something that takes an experienced armorer probably 2 minutes) that the price includes return shipping to you.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brianjkeene: I did call a few of the better shops in town, same answer, no tool to do Sig, I can't believe it either. I'm sure thy can hammer them out and back in, but I have a problem with using hammer and punch. And if they screw it up it's on you.

ricky bobby: I sent Sig an email awaiting an answer. I did order one of the mentioned universal tools just in case. If Sig only charges $72 for the X-Rays with an added $50, it's still cheaper than buying them outright from their store.

Will post here when all is said and done. Thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is one of the areas where Glock shines - You send in your slide to Glock and they install Meprolight OEM Night Sights for $57, no fuss - basically its the cost of sights and free install, amazing.

Now, thinking Sig should be offering similar services, this link says Sig armorer will install Siglites for $120 if you send in your slide - I would call and ask what kind of "upcharge" they would do for the Xray3 sights -

https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

Let us know how you do - I'd like to know about the charge for the Xray's personally - I have Siglites on mine but want that brighter front sight.
EDIT: Looks like Sig sells their sights for $72 on the store, which isn't a bad price - I would hope since they are charging additional $50 install fee on them (for something that takes an experienced armorer probably 2 minutes) that the price includes return shipping to you.
This from Sig for X-Ray3's:
Our repair facility will install the X-ray sights here. The cost for that service is $199.95 plus $14.95 shipping for the slide. That cost includes the X-ray sights and labor.

A bit pricey for me I think.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Best bet is to pick up a generic sight pusher. It'll come in handy for installation and any fine-tuning you need after installation.

Cannot remember where I picked mine up at but the lower plate is removable to accommodate front sight installation/adjustment.

·
Registered
202 Posts
This from Sig for X-Ray3's:
Our repair facility will install the X-ray sights here. The cost for that service is $199.95 plus $14.95 shipping for the slide. That cost includes the X-ray sights and labor.

A bit pricey for me I think.
That's about what I expected - they sell them for $150 MSRP I believe

The $72 sights I mentioned are the standard Siglites which they install for $119.95 so about right if they charge $50 for labor and the Xray sights are $150 from Sig normally -

You're right it is a bit much - like I said Glock installs their night sights for free -and again this is a service that takes a certified armorer a couple minutes max with a sight pusher -

There are plenty of sights for Glocks that give you free install with purchase (Glockmeister, Jon @ Glock Doc, etc) and even on the HK boards there is a guy who is a certified armorer who does sights for free if you send him your slide -

I'm not really surprised that Sig charges $50 for sight install but it would be nice if they didn't -

OTOH - My motto is do it right or do it twice, I'm sure if you send it to Sig they will be done perfect the first time, just like both my Glocks were when I had them sent in for install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.