SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a .357sig P229 from a private party. I posted on this forum a while ago on why i was shooting so low. The "normal sights on a P229 .357 sig is 8/8 and 6/8 for a .40. The 5/6 sights on this pistol must have been customized to the user a while back. I am in the process of converting my .357 sig P229 into a .40 and have no more use for the old sights and trying to sell them. I don't want to screw over anyone who is interested in buying and just doing a little research. My question to anyone is:

What pistol is compatible with #5 front and #6 rear sights if there are any?

I am guessing it would be towards a smaller caliber such as 9mm or 357sig.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Are they night sights, and if they are, how old? That will bear on the value, if they have age on them.

Reactions: Toupolo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are night sights and they still look pretty good. i can't tell you the age of the sights for the main fact that i bought the pistol off a private seller. i would like to sell but i am still waiting for my 6/8 sights to come in so i can do all the gunsmithing in one shot. i will post the sights up when ever i get them swapped out. just keep an eye out on the classifieds area of this forum. thank you for your answers, this is just what i was suspecting on the sights... i figured it was just user compensation.

·
Registered
55,538 Posts
what's the numbers/letters on the side or top of the sights?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the military and not able to access that info right now for you. i am actually on a 24 hour duty until tomorrow. i can get you that info at a later date.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got home, there are no numbers inscribed on top. Just on the left side of sights. #5 front and #6 rear.

·
Registered
55,538 Posts
as you stated, 8/8 is how they came from factory & will raise up poi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts