SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm fairly new... I know this stuff is kind of reduant but I'm curious what I should be using to clean and lube with.

I called Sig once, and they recommended the Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil to me and it seems okay, but what should I clean the guns with?

Is the Lucas CLP any good? Anybody have any experiece with it? I did try it on an AR i have, and had some issues with short stroking but traded the gun before I could try another lube or ammo to see if that would fix the problem.

Honestly, I'm just worried I'm going to use some products and turn my only 2 pistols into Jam-o-matics haha... As of now the 320 is my go to for home defense.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So I'm fairly new... I know this stuff is kind of reduant but I'm curious what I should be using to clean and lube with.

I called Sig once, and they recommended the Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil to me and it seems okay, but what should I clean the guns with?

Is the Lucas CLP any good? Anybody have any experiece with it? I did try it on an AR i have, and had some issues with short stroking but traded the gun before I could try another lube or ammo to see if that would fix the problem.

Honestly, I'm just worried I'm going to use some products and turn my only 2 pistols into Jam-o-matics haha... As of now the 320 is my go to for home defense.
Hello from WI! I use this from amazon and its safe for polymer guns:)

https://www.amazon.com/G96-1055P-Co...id=1498591555&sr=8-1&keywords=g96+gun+cleaner

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
I have tried many cleaner through the years , and old #9 still works better or as good as any other product.

The 320 cleans easily.
I take a toothbrush with a little hoppes and give the bolt face, underside of the slide a little scrub.
Hit the fcu a wee might .
Wipe down with a clean patch.
Hit the 4 slide points on the fcu with lube and a wee bit on the rails.
Lube the barrel where it locks up on slide.

Wet patch the barrel followed by a nylon or copper brush, one more wet patch, drypatch, and finally a light oil patch.

I also dry patch the chamber before shooting .

I only do this every 300-500 rounds.
It does not require a lot of lube.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have tried a lot of cleaners and a lot work but I go back to hoppes #9. I like shooters choice the best but it stinks awful.
Grease I use Lucas extreme and Montana extreme, either or. I like both.

Hope this helps get you going

·
Registered
109 Posts
everyone has opinions and what works best for them.

I use rem oil spray with teflon as a cleaner, then rinse with it...and wipe dry.

Then use some slip2000 ewg on rails (fcu side where they touch the slide)...just a dab on each rail.

The grease made a difference in how racking the gun felt.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have tried many cleaner through the years , and old #9 still works better or as good as any other product.

The 320 cleans easily.
I take a toothbrush with a little hoppes and give the bolt face, underside of the slide a little scrub.
Hit the fcu a wee might .
Wipe down with a clean patch.
Hit the 4 slide points on the fcu with lube and a wee bit on the rails.
Lube the barrel where it locks up on slide.

Wet patch the barrel followed by a nylon or copper brush, one more wet patch, drypatch, and finally a light oil patch.

I also dry patch the chamber before shooting .

I only do this every 300-500 rounds.
It does not require a lot of lube.
Yeah just a "wee" ,don't over do it :devil: :p

I have a friend that uses Marvels Magic Mystery Oil on his guns..He is a bit of an odd one.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I use ballistol as a CLP. It works great and is one of the least toxic options out there.
For striker fired guns like the 320 I also use high proof alcohol to clean up around the striker channel parts.
Ballistol works fine as a lube by itself, but I use Lucas gun grease on rail and barrel contact points.
I like Hoppes Patches ( for use with plastic hook/picks and an 0-ring jag) for everything. They are cheap, sturdy and very lint/fibre free.

The 320 probably the easiest pistol to clean ever because of simplicity of the design and the ability to remove the FCU.

Remember A little goes a long way, or a little dab'll do-ya! The biggest problem with striker fired guns is flooding the slide parts with lube which then becomes a slurry of carbon, dust, junk.
This can cause malfunctions like blocking the striker, jam open the locking lever, clog the extractor etc.
I have been thinking about doing a little torture testing with one of my 320's to see how long I can go without cleaning it. I am usually pretty OCD but I am also really curious.

You cant go wrong with any of the usual suspects in normal environmental conditions, however I would stay away from Frog lube especially in the cold.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use Ballistol and Hoppes oil. Youtube is your friend. There are a million and one videos on cleaning guns. You can honestly watch one on clearing a Glock 19 since it's rather similar in theory. I recommend Hickok45.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Ballistol to clean everything.
Wipe down dry, and lube slide and rails with high temperature, high pressure grease.
Lube rest with Break Free CLP.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Hoppes, Lucas, Frog Lube

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I bought a gun cleaning kit for my range bag and it had the Outers nitro solvent bore cleaner in it. That stuff turned my old goose hunting gun barrel into a mirror. So I used it on my fathers older Ithica 30" 12 ga that he gave me and man did it make that barrel look like new. So I bought the spray can recently. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ORWJC6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is a bore cleaner only, do not use it as an oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow it up with a good gun oil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.