SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pro slide on my X Compact. It has the dual screw holes for R1P/DPP and (I assume) RMR/Holosun. The screws that came w/the Holosun aren't the right pitch. (I get about 1 thread in then it stops. I'm NOT going to try to strip it out.)

What screws do I need to mount my Holosun 507 to my Pro slide?

HAGO!

·
Registered
321 Posts
This might be a dumb question but did you try the screws that came with the Pro Cut slide to secure the cover plate?

You might need to reach out to SIG CS for the correct screws...

The bundled HoloSun screws didn’t fit my ZEV Octane slide and when I called their CS they where kind enough to point out my stupidity and tell me to use the screws that came with the slide to secure the cover...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea but the slide screws won't work. They're big button head screws.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have two separate pairs of screw holes? Romeo1Pro/DPP and Holosun/RMR footprints are not compatible.

I've read/heard people saying they've been told that newer pro slides are compatible with RMR/Holosun footprint. I can't find any documentation saying as such. Sig doesn't have this stated on their site pages where they are selling their pro-cut slides, for what it's worth. Not that I want (you) to go back to step 0, but what lead you to believe the Holosun and pro slide are compatible--and can you possibly find a link to said slide so I can note for future purchase?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1st, I'm pretty sure the Holosun has the same footprint as the RMR and 2nd, it's my understanding that the Pro slides are milled/drilled for the RMR.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1st, I'm pretty sure the Holosun has the same footprint as the RMR and 2nd, it's my understanding that the Pro slides are milled/drilled for the RMR.
Yes. RMR and Holosun are compatible, and Romeo1Pro and DPP are compatible. They are not all compatible with each other. Sorry if that was confusing. And I, too, am under that impression that, at some point, pro slides will be compatible with RMR/Holosun, but only because of hearsay.

Where did you get the gun or the slide? Is it a used LE gun? Did you get the slide separately? Can you check the serial number to see when it was made? I've got an X-Compact too so as soon as I'm able, I'd love to get rid of my adapter plate for my Holosun and throw on the suppressor sights, but I haven't seen where or how to do that, yet.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the Pro slide directly from SIG. Technically, it's an X Compact but in reality, there's nothing "stock" about it. There are 2 sets of mounting holes. One set works for the R1P/DPP. The other has to be for a Holosun/RMR. The screws I have don't screw in more than about 2 threads. I don't feel like stripping them out.

I'm only asking what screws I need to mount my Holoson to my Pro slide.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought the Pro slide directly from SIG. Technically, it's an X Compact but in reality, there's nothing "stock" about it. There are 2 sets of mounting holes. One set works for the R1P/DPP. The other has to be for a Holosun/RMR. The screws I have don't screw in more than about 2 threads. I don't feel like stripping them out.

I'm only asking what screws I need to mount my Holoson to my Pro slide.
I’m interested in this as well. my rxp slide has two sets of threaded holes 1 for the pro footprint and one for the RMR footprint i imagine. i have a holosun showing up monday for a different application. Monkey are you saying none of the sets included with the holosun fit your slide?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I found this.

https://sigtalk.com/legion-series/382760-what-size-screws-rmr-p320-2.html

There seems to be a misconception about the required screw size, so hopefully that helps. But I would think that the screw threads into the slide, not the Holosun (mine drop right through my Holosun) so I would think since it's Sig's slide, they should provide the screws.

So...did you call up Sig? Are you LE? There are no links to straight Pro slides. Everything I'm finding is "pro-cut" and everything I'm reading says R1P/DPP only. So thank you for telling me where you got it. But how did you get it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for putting up with my questions. The internet silently thanks you too. I'm going to call and email Sig to confirm because:

a) their website is wrong if you're right (I'm not doubting you, I'm doubting Sig)
b) I want to make sure they come with the appropriate screws, and;
b) I can't wait to have a proper slide without an elevated RDS with even higher F/R cowitness sights due to the plate elevation.

Thank you. I'll post back here after I talk to them. I plan on referencing those screw measurements in from the link to the old sigtalk thread I posted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Monkey are you saying none of the sets included with the holosun fit your slide?
Correct. I get a couple of threads then it stops. I'm not brave enough to force the screws.
Thank you for the response i appreciate it! i read the other linked thread as well and it states there would also be a gap in the cut. i think with those two issues i’ll stick with a pro.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But I would think that the screw threads into the slide, not the Holosun (mine drop right through my Holosun) so I would think since it's Sig's slide, they should provide the screws.

So...did you call up Sig? Are you LE? There are no links to straight Pro slides. Everything I'm finding is "pro-cut" and everything I'm reading says R1P/DPP only. So thank you for telling me where you got it. But how did you get it?
The screws drop through the optics, they just don't thread into the holes in the slide. I'm not LEO. Not sure why you continue to ask. My slide has TWO sets of threaded holes. One set fits the R1P/DPP. I know that as I've put both on the slide. The other set of holes must fit the Holosun/RMR.

As I previously mentioned, I bought the slide directly from SIG. I can't reach SIG CS. I get a 30 min lunch and don't get off work until after 1700 when they close. Every time I call, I'm on hold for my entire lunch and never reach anyone.

I doubt SIG will provide screws for an aftermarket item. If the problem was the screws for a R1P, I could see it. I just need to know what length and thread pitch I need.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The screws drop through the optics, they just don't thread into the holes in the slide. I'm not LEO. Not sure why you continue to ask. My slide has TWO sets of threaded holes. One set fits the R1P/DPP. I know that as I've put both on the slide. The other set of holes must fit the Holosun/RMR.

As I previously mentioned, I bought the slide directly from SIG. I can't reach SIG CS. I get a 30 min lunch and don't get off work until after 1700 when they close. Every time I call, I'm on hold for my entire lunch and never reach anyone.

I doubt SIG will provide screws for an aftermarket item. If the problem was the screws for a R1P, I could see it. I just need to know what length and thread pitch I need.
I appreciate the info and apologize for any repetitive questions, but the reason I asked if you're LE is that I've seen X-Compact P320s with a pro slide (i.e. rear sight not held by the optic plate) for sale online that only LE was allowed to buy (whether my research was conclusive is another matter but here's an example: https://www.sticksandstonesarms.com/product/sig-sauer-p320-x-compact-pro-3-6-9mm-15rnd-just-released/), and I didn't know if you attained something that few else could and therefore had access to information that few else do. I don't know if Sig has an LE program where you can source directly from them--that's why you saying you got it from Sig didn't answer the question, especially since just looking on their website, it does not say their pro slides are compatible with RMR/Holosun (https://www.sigsauer.com/store/xseri...tronr-3-6.html)). So I wasn't sure if this was even a question answerable by the common community.

Regardless, if you got the slide directly from Sig, it would be egregious on their part that they would drill holes in their own slide and just be like, "haha, good luck finding screws." That's something I'd love to warn people about, especially if my RDS screws were supposed to work and that's why I bought the slide. Since I'm in the market for a proper slide and not the BS one that came with the X-Compact, I'm more than happy to delve into this matter myself, and I appreciate you posting all the information you have so I can continue my further progression to perfect my RDS-cowitness on my X-Compact. I will absolutely post any information when I have it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I apologize. I don't have a "Pro" slide. I have an "X series" slide. I have the Pro cut slide on my X Carry. This is what I have...https://www.sigsauer.com/store/xseries-optic-ready-slide-assembly-black-nitronr-3-6.html.

I guess my wording has thrown the whole thread off. Regardless, I don't seem to have any screws that will allow me to mount the Holosun. It's not up to SIG to provide an accessory/mounting for something they don't make. I just want to figure out what screw works. OTOH, I might just trade off my DPP and/or Holosun for another Romeo 1 Pro and be done with it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The P320 X-series Pro LE models are just RXP slide variants without the R1P installed (the rear iron sights are milled directly on the slide instead of the slide cover) at a discounted price for Law Enforcement; there is no physical difference between the Pro LE slide and the RXP slide, again other than name and price.

If you buy the Optic Ready slide from SIG and/or take of the R1P from an RXP and install the slide cover, there is absolutely no way to distinguish a Pro LE from an RXP w/o the R1P.

If you have a “newer” RXP, Pro LE or Optic Ready slide with two sets of mounting holes, you can effectively mount an RMR or HoloSun with the proper screws (keep in mind HS screws are usually shorter because they sit lower in the optic due to the countersink and protrude further potentially impinging on the extractor spring if too long).

All that being said, if you mount and RMR/HS to an optic ready slide with the appropriate screw holes you are relying solely on the screws to hold down your optic. Recoil forces are extreme (especially during prolonged rapid fire) on a reciprocating slide and both Trijicon and HoloSun recommend recoil bosses (also known as secondary recoil posts). There is no support from the slide cut and/or recoil bosses, only the two screws holding the optic... I’ve seen optics sheer the screws and fly off only to hit someone pretty hard in the face... Despite SIG stating they have tested optics without recoil bosses and only screws and had no issues; I wouldn’t personally feel comfortable running that setup unless the gun gets very little use (and by very little I mean under 500 rounds per year) and you are willing to replace the screws with new ones every 500 rounds or so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Miula, your post was beautifully deflating, lol. But at least you've spared me initially from burning a pro-slide hole in my pocket for the moment.

Does the RXP/Pro slide have posts for the R1P if it doesn't have them for the RMR/HS?? Is it, too, just being held on with 2 screws? Or are they sheering off? I'm going to watch some R1P install videos and come back here, anyway.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Miula, your post was beautifully deflating, lol. But at least you've spared me initially from burning a pro-slide hole in my pocket for the moment.

Does the RXP/Pro slide have posts for the R1P if it doesn't have them for the RMR/HS?? Is it, too, just being held on with 2 screws? Or are they sheering off? I'm going to watch some R1P install videos and come back here, anyway.
It doesn’t have posts but the R1P is held in by the cut along with the screws.

·
Registered
321 Posts

Didn’t mean to take the wind out of your sails, just trying to clarify :(

Anyway, there are no recoil bosses on any OEM SIG slide for any optic including the R1P and DPP (as far as I know), however, the slide cut is sized to match the R1P/DPP foot print so at least you have the optic in contact with the slide itself on the front and rear (the pocket) which does help substantially with recoil especially when compared to the RMR/Holosun where only the screws and I think (but take it with a grain of salt) the rear of the optic contacts the slide.

In a perfect world you would want the pocket milled for the specific optic you are going to mount (because there are manufacturing variations within spec) + front recoil bosses + screw holes that protrude into the optic screw channel. On my VP9L that was milled for the 507c V2 GR that sits on it, you can actually remove both screws and have to tap the optic with a rubber mallet to remove it from the slide. My ZEV Octane slide fits one my 507c’s so tightly that I have to use a rubber mallet to get it to sit all the way down and with another 507c (same exact model) it easily slides on and off but has the recoil bosses and protruding screw channels.

However, unless you are going to use the gun for very serious competition (in which case you’d likely get massacred shooting a P320 against full blown 2011 race guns), an R1P or DPP (I personally prefer the DPP but the single center button does suck) that has the screws plus a good fit in the pocket with front and rear contact should be more than enough.

I mean ****, multiple SOCom units and other MIL are issued, train and deploy with M17/M18s with DPP MIL variant (same thing just FDE in color and an additional NOD compatible mode) mostly without issues of screws shearing (recoil, abuse and drops can brake screws on an optic even with all of the above, it’s just less likely) and trust me when I tell you they don’t baby those guns and put them through the ringer...

I don’t think I’ve heard of a R1P or DPP with broken screws (that wasn’t dropped or abused) and it’s definitely not common unlike broken adapter plates and flying RMR’s. Although I will admit the one I witnessed at the range and all of the ones I’ve heard of had adapter plates installed; haven’t heard of screws shearing on the new SIG slides with the two sets of holes “yet”...

I just don’t feel comfortable with the RMR/HS on the 4 hole slides, having witnessed a while back the injury that resulted from a flying RMR due to a broken plate hitting a buddy in the face (and the adapter had recoil bosses)...

That’s a lot of force to solely put on two tiny screws...

P.S. if you haven’t purchased the Pro slide why not just get an aftermarket like the ZEV or NORSSO to work with the RMR/Holosun properly if that’s the optic you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk kit

1 - 20 of 29 Posts