SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I fail to see the excitement over the 227. In exchange for a fat double-stack grip you get just 2 extra rounds over the 220. No thanks.

I think PDs who are looking for new service pistols would be better off looking at the 320.

·
Registered
55,688 Posts
i don't jump on the bandwagon with anything that's the newest offering of any products.

well said on the increase from 8-10 rds.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Finally got my grubby paws on a 220 (Dark Elite) today and my god, what an awesome pistol.

I like my 227 but if it wasn't February (crummy income month) Id have another Sig in my collection right now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Like everyone else, I'm disapointed about the capacity. Does the 227 have a true double stack mag or is it staggered? I have another pistol that I use as my primary carry. The only downside is the mag is the same size as double stack mags, but loads in a staggered pattern so it only holds 8 rounds.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yeah I agree the 220 already has a pretty big grip to make it bigger for two rounds just doesn't make sense to me either. Buy more mags for the 220 and keep it moving.

·
Registered
22,028 Posts
Yeah I agree the 220 already has a pretty big grip to make it bigger for two rounds just doesn't make sense to me either. Buy more mags for the 220 and keep it moving.
Have you held a P227? They are very surprising. I find it very comfortable. And as such, why not two more rounds?
And the P220 grip isn't that big either.

·
Registered
22,028 Posts
Like everyone else, I'm disapointed about the capacity. Does the 227 have a true double stack mag or is it staggered? I have another pistol that I use as my primary carry. The only downside is the mag is the same size as double stack mags, but loads in a staggered pattern so it only holds 8 rounds.
What pistol?

·
Registered
22,028 Posts
lol people making claims on the P320 when they haven't even shot it yet.
Not to mention that monstrous fat grip on the P227!!! :eek: And typically without ever having held one!
If you can shoot well with a P226 you can with the P227.

Reactions: Big Pikey

·
Registered
828 Posts
I always thought seven or eight rounds of .45ACP was sufficient. I just don't see the imminent need for a dual-stack .45ACP SIG-Sauer.

But, if you like buy it. That's what is great about handguns. Something for everyone.

Reactions: DarthPaul

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Take the P227 and chamber it in .38super. You will have a pistol with the capacity of a double stack 9 and more power than a .45acp. No more jibber jabber about HK, glock, or S&W after that...at least once .38 super becomes more available. Like the kids these days would say "Cops be like...glock what?"

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own both a P226 and P227. There is not much difference in the grip and if you picked up each with out me telling you which one you where holding it would not be too obvious to you guys.
I don't have long fingers. My hands are not small nor rather large either. My 226 and 227 both shoot great. I hope Sig does release the 14 round 227 mag soon though.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I held a P227 today. IMO the grip difference between a P220 and a P227 is fairly significant. The P227 is noticeably wider and the added girth seems way out of proportion to the added capacity. The grip on a P220 is perfect for my hand and the P227 grip isn't out of line with other modern handguns but the extra bulk isn't worth two extra rounds. If the magazine held 12 rounds this would be a different conversation but at 10 rounds I don't see the need to buy one.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts