SIG Talk banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well just looking down my inventory sheet at how many of each brand I have the most popular, in order, are: Remington, then a two way tie for Glock and Ruger, then a five way tie for Marlin, Mossberg, Savage, Winchester, and Sig.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I got into SIG because of the P365 series.
Between their Legion “Club”, their Custom Works series, their Customer Service, and the fact they offer an academy seems pretty interesting to me. Great company they seem and they make cool firearms that also intrigue.

I also want to broaden my horizons and check out other brands.
I own a Ruger and Canik and CZ and a Spring Field Rifle.

I know I’ll probably jump into the Glock Game.

How ever CZ, H&K, S&W, F&N, Ruger, Springfield, Beretta, Mossberg, Taurus, Kimber, Walther, or any other brands haven’t really brought much excitement. Maybe with a pistol or two I like but nothing else.

So what brands do you folks enjoy and why?
I like old school firearms. Dan Wesson makes fine 1911's. Buy one. I have several.
Beretta and SIG (I know you already know SIG does this) make fine DA/SA firearms. Buy one of their old school designs. You won't regret it!
I would like to eventually own at least one Wilson Combat 1911/Beretta 92. Very well made and built to last a lifetime.

My advice would be that IF you have to buy another polymer wonder gun, buy an H&K. At least it will outlast the credit card payments you have to make in order to buy it...cuz "Friends don't let friends buy Glocks." ;)

·
Registered
Smorgasbord of firearms
7 Posts
Started with Ruger, Marlin, Remington, Winchester, Beretta, and then Smith and Wesson, Colt, back to Ruger, Glock, Sig Sauer. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc. Even into blackpowder pistols and rifles.

·
Registered
968 Posts
How ever CZ, H&K, S&W, F&N, Ruger, Springfield, Beretta, Mossberg, Taurus, Kimber, Walther, or any other brands haven’t really brought much excitement. Maybe with a pistol or two I like but nothing else.

I'm an H&K, CZ, Springfield 1911, S&W (3rd gen semi-auto), and a Beretta fanboy. I own, shoot, and love 'em all across 9, 380, 40, 357sig, and 45. Why? Each offers a different shooting experience, and I never get bored learning something new.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My collection is slowly morphing into Sig and Staccato. Have some others but really standardized on these two brands.

·
Vendor
384 Posts
Hand tool Wood Metalworking hand tool Tool Font

Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory

Trigger Gun barrel Font Gun accessory Auto part

Being born and raised in what used to be communist Czechoslovakia - after SIGs, I have a weak spot for CZs....especially those old ones, without the firing pin block ("Pre-B's" in the last picture) that were made when the Iron Curtain was still up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got into SIG because of the P365 series.
Between their Legion “Club”, their Custom Works series, their Customer Service, and the fact they offer an academy seems pretty interesting to me. Great company they seem and they make cool firearms that also intrigue.

I also want to broaden my horizons and check out other brands.
I own a Ruger and Canik and CZ and a Spring Field Rifle.

I know I’ll probably jump into the Glock Game.

[I'm an old timer and love old Colt revolvers - SAAs, Pythons, Diamondbacks, Troopers, Anacondas, etc. Nothing like owning a piece of USA history and they look and shoot fantastic!]

I]

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are so many great brands and great Pistols out there.

I am a huge Revolver fan and have several Smith & Wesson revolvers. Mainly L frames, with an N Frame 625-2 chambered in .45acp.
I also like 1911s, I have a couple of really nicely Customized Colts and a Wilson Combat CQB. All in 45acp. Speaking of Wilson Combat, I also have a WC Beretta Brigadier Tactical 92. Unbelievable Pistol.

I don’t own any CZs, but have handled quite a few and really like them.
Like I said, there are so many excellent options out there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really like FN rifles the Tactical Tuna being an exception, Glock is my go-to for pistols it just makes the most sense in a real-world scenario, but I do love my HK VP9 and one day hope to have a USP9. I am a new SIG owner, but I am finding that I like my Virtus and p365 very much.

I try not to get caught up in brands, but some companies have a proven record of success or failure. Then there is a personal experience ( I will never own an M9) and that weird gut feeling we get sometimes, the one that says " don't trust your life to this" I guess it depends on the purpose of the weapon, is it a range gun or the one you protect your family with.

At the end of the day, I like things that I know will alway work
Apple
Toyota
Glock

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I really like FN rifles the Tactical Tuna being an exception, Glock is my go-to for pistols it just makes the most sense in a real-world scenario, but I do love my HK VP9 and one day hope to have a USP9. I am a new SIG owner, but I am finding that I like my Virtus and p365 very much.

I try not to get caught up in brands, but some companies have a proven record of success or failure. Then there is a personal experience ( I will never own an M9) and that weird gut feeling we get sometimes, the one that says " don't trust your life to this" I guess it depends on the purpose of the weapon, is it a range gun or the one you protect your family with.

At the end of the day, I like things that I know will alway work
Apple
Toyota
Glock
That VP9 will always work too!! 😁😁

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am in no way a fanboy of any make; be it guns or vehicles. I buy the best tool for the job and pay little attention to brand.

My vehicles are Ford, Toyota, GM, and Honda.

I like my Glock G29, G23, G19, and G35. I think the G43 is dumb compared to my P365. I own S&W, Ruger, Taurus, Springfield Armory, Cimarron Arms, and Remington pistols.

The only brand I won't own is Hi-Point. Buying a Taurus is like taking home a girl from a bar at 2 am; it's a bit of a risk and probably not the wisest choice. You may get a decent one, or you might get VD. Buying a Hi-Point is like driving to skid row and picking up a prostitute high on crack. It will work and do the job you need done, but you will know that you compromised your morals and lost some respect for yourself. And you now have VD...

·
Registered
977 Posts
CZs because I shoot them really well and you can get them tuned to your preferences. They aren’t too difficult to work on. They have really good aftermarket support through Cagun Gun Works or CZ Custom.

I recently purchased a Browning High Power and Chiappa Rhino, and like them both a lot. These are more one-and-done pistols for me. The High Power was fun to learn about and work on. There’s still good aftermarket support for them, but there won’t be any more High Power purchases for me because of they are awfully expensive. That may change if the Girsan MC P35 becomes more widely available and experience with them is positive. The Rhino was a buy just for fun, and it’s quite enjoyable to shoot. No plans to purchase another Rhino with the current ammo prices for 357 magnum and 38 special though.

·
Registered
P226 9mm Legion LE, P229 9mm Legion LE, P229 357 Sig, P320 X-Vtac, P320 X-Carry Pro, CZ TSO, SP-01
37 Posts
CZ and Sig are my top two favorites and it's an easy choice. My CZ TSO is the best shooting pistol I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Wood

P320 X-Vtac, P226 Legion, CZ 75B, CZ SP-01 Tactical, CZ TSO - Typical range day for me.
Product Chair Gas Rectangle Audio equipment

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
SIG, HK, Walther, Anschutz, Kimber, Ruger

61 - 79 of 79 Posts