SIG Talk banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
it's easy to make the rounds of brands of guns... (on your way, do save up and get one of the full size Dan Wesson M1911a1 pistols... they are a good buy in a precision handgun if you get one of their midrange models)... But once you've done that, take the ones you own and get to work on some basic safety, marksmanship and then some tactical training leading to USPSA competition. You probably would enjoy the engagement and social interaction that goes with it, and the earlier you get involved, the more time you'll have to build skills and challenge yourself.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got into SIG because of the P365 series.
Between their Legion “Club”, their Custom Works series, their Customer Service, and the fact they offer an academy seems pretty interesting to me. Great company they seem and they make cool firearms that also intrigue.

I also want to broaden my horizons and check out other brands.
I own a Ruger and Canik and CZ and a Spring Field Rifle.

I know I’ll probably jump into the Glock Game.

How ever CZ, H&K, S&W, F&N, Ruger, Springfield, Beretta, Mossberg, Taurus, Kimber, Walther, or any other brands haven’t really brought much excitement. Maybe with a pistol or two I like but nothing else.

So what brands do you folks enjoy and why?
After my SIGS I go with, Glock, Walther, Kimber Charter Arms.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have been accumulating guns for a very long time. I do and have owned many guns by many different makers. However, what I'm "in to" is a fairly short list.
S&W revolvers: got bunch of 'em ranging from the early 1900s to around 2000. Nope, not one of them has that damned lock and only one has any MIM parts. ;)
1911s: got quite a few of these too. Mostly Colts and some Springfields, but a smattering of other brands as well.
Walther PP Series Pistols: I just like these and have 6 in various versions. and calibers. :rolleyes:
And of course Sigs. Got 5 of 'em, but only like the older, all metal P-2XX Series. I don't like plastic at all. :mad:

That's really about it. As for the other stuff, I just buy what I like. :D

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
750 Posts
7 H&K’s
6 Sigs
4 each CZ, Beretta, and KelTec
3 Rugers

They’re a mix of pistols and long guns. If I had to pick a single brand, though, it would probably be H&K.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
I have 18 handguns (revolvers & autos), 6 different brands, 5 different calibers, 5 different barrel lengths. I'm not a real fan boy for any one brand,... of course I have my favorites ... but I like them all for different reasons, different uses.

6 different rifle brands and 2 shotgun brands ... all really different

·
Registered
404 Posts
While I own, or have owned a number of other brands, currently I like CZs. The 75 is a true classic akin to the browning hipower. But CZs P series (07/09/10...) are very nice. I'm particularly fond of the striker P-10 (C and S models).

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've bought and sold\traded numerous handguns over the last 35 years... so I pretty much owned just about every brand out there. My favorite most reliable handgun brand IMHO is H&K! I own several and I never had a malfunction using various types of ammo in different calibers and the recoil springs can go for 10-20k rounds. On the flip side, I would never buy another Kel-tec product. Purchased 2 pistols new in my earlier life - first one died after about 100 rounds and I thought it was a fluke so I purchased a second KT new and that failed and had to go back. Dumped both and never looked back.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Easy question, CZ and Beretta. CZ for the a variety, and Beretta for some of the most classic firearm's ever built.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I love b&t sub guns, the ghm and apc are just awesome

·
Registered
372 Posts
For revolvers, I like Dan Wesson and S&W N framed guns. I have 3 DW .357's and a .44. Not really a Colt or Ruger fan at all.
For semiautos, I like CZ and CZ clones a lot, along with Beretta, S&W 3rd gen, Taurus PT111 and a couple of others, and Sig.
No 1911's, Glocks, M&P's, etc.
Not into shotguns at all.
Rifles are a PSA/Magpul AR15, a KelTec SUB 2000, a couple of .22 "assault rifle" lookalikes and a Henry lever .22

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I have adult tools, and then I have adult toys. I’m not into brands per se. I pretty much stay in my (slowish) lane and stick to known, traditional brands.

TOOLS:
Sig - striker and hammer fired​
Glock​
Mossberg​
Colt rifles​
TOYS:
Sig - German and modern. Legion.​
S&W 586​
Colt 1911​
Marlin​
Winchester​

·
Registered
842 Posts
I own more Rugers than anything else and it isn't even close. Off the top of my head Sig is probably the third most brand I own. CZ is second behind Ruger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HK — I have small hands and their paddle mag release let’s me run guns like a full-size USP with no problems. Other platforms i would have to break my grip constantly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got into SIG because of the P365 series.
Between their Legion “Club”, their Custom Works series, their Customer Service, and the fact they offer an academy seems pretty interesting to me. Great company they seem and they make cool firearms that also intrigue.

I also want to broaden my horizons and check out other brands.
I own a Ruger and Canik and CZ and a Spring Field Rifle.

I know I’ll probably jump into the Glock Game.

How ever CZ, H&K, S&W, F&N, Ruger, Springfield, Beretta, Mossberg, Taurus, Kimber, Walther, or any other brands haven’t really brought much excitement. Maybe with a pistol or two I like but nothing else.

So what brands do you folks enjoy and why?
If it goes bang! I generally like it. Not really a Glock fan.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
750 Posts
I don’t own brands, I own guns. I buy what I like, is reliable and works for what I want. Don’t worry about what the next guy has or doesn’t have..
I’m not a believer in blind loyalty to a brand, but I do believe that our gun collections (and the relative distribution among various brands) reflect the fact that we’ve found various attributes within various brands that we value. The fact that I own 7 H&K’s and 6 Sigs says there’s some “there” there (at least for me). But I also own Rugers, Colts, S&W’s and even KelTecs. So a brand name shouldn’t be the reason you buy something, but the quality of a particular brand probably has something to do with why you own multiple versions of their guns.

Reactions: PaulWVa and Caveman

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
And then there is something truly refined from Bern...

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

(This one, from 1935, was mostly made of parts from SIG in Neuhausen anyway...)

Reactions: nikk

·
Registered
Sig Sauer P226 Elite and P365 XL
204 Posts
I’m not a believer in blind loyalty to a brand, but I do believe that our gun collections (and the relative distribution among various brands) reflect the fact that we’ve found various attributes within various brands that we value. The fact that I own 7 H&K’s and 6 Sigs says there’s some “there” there (at least for me). But I also own Rugers, Colts, S&W’s and even KelTecs. So a brand name shouldn’t be the reason you buy something, but the quality of a particular brand probably has something to do with why you own multiple versions of their guns.
[/QUOTE
How large is your safe? 😂 Enjoy them all !

41 - 60 of 74 Posts