SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I don’t own brands, I own guns. I buy what I like, is reliable and works for what I want. Don’t worry about what the next guy has or doesn’t have..
He's a newby with newby exuberance. It's understandable. In a way it's how we all started. Buy this, buy that, what do you have? etc. Your comment does offer sage advice.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
He's a newby with newby exuberance. It's understandable. In a way it's how we all started. Buy this, buy that, what do you have? etc. Your comment does offer sage advice.
Just providing a different perspective from a person who has been doing this a long time.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I have a Taurus TX22 and love it. I had a FireFly but gave it to my brother-in-law. I read and watched reviews of the TX22 and was sold.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Handguns:
Colt
Dan Wesson
FNH
NAA
Rock Island Armory
Ruger
Seecamp
Sig Sauer
Smith & Wesson
Springfield Armory
Uberti

Rifles:
Alexander Arms
Armalite
Colt
CZ
Mauser
Ruger
Springfield Armory
Winchester

Shotgun:
FNH

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
HK mainly but also some Walther, and Glock. I have a CZ SP01 Shadow and like it as a range gun but have no desire to buy another CZ.

Can't wait to see what HK and Walther bring out for their micro 9MM. Right now still very happy CCW my original Walther PPS but would not mind having more on board capacity with the same pistol size other than a but wider and deeper grip kind of like the Shield Plus.

Reactions: Jan Whitaker

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
My many years with firearms i could say I went thru over 20 brands of firearms and now I am down to around ten. Sig, S&W, Colt, Kimber, Dan Wesson, STI, CZ.
No more plastic only two one H&K 40 and one Ruger 22lr .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I came across Star BM's (all metal) a few years ago - intrigued by the design. Found them reliable and good as truck gun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We like Ruger LCRs, Glocks and Sigs for handguns. Have had many S&Ws, Colts and others over the 60 or so years I've been a shooter, but have settled on these for the remainder of my shooting years.

Bob

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
To me...firearms are tools. As such, my tool box requires different tools for different jobs. Pistols are but one tool and have rather specific roles. Mainly very close range (3 yards) and high emergency use, along with easy portability. Having 15 hammers is not my intent, thus to round out my tool box there are other tools to consider. In the Pistol realm, both revolver and semi-auto are important. A revolver can literally shoot through a pocket (concealed). A "reasonable" option. Taurus 85, Ruger sp101, or Dan Wesson are my picks there. I like Sig Pistols and have 2 P365's plus a Ruger LCPII. .A shotgun is paramount for some scenarios and Benelli is King to me. The M1-4 Super 90 is awesome. A Rifle is good for longer range. Many calibers to choose, however 5.56 has a proven record. The AR platform can provide any level of customization you could ever need/desire. Sig has an excellent platform. My latest "tool box" add was a PCC PDW. For me, the weight of the Extar EP9 was a big determinant at 4 pounds. 24 " with a 6.5" barrel. Delivered complete with a Glock factory mag and a brace. Last shot bolt hold open and a single pin takedown. Upper and lower pica tinny rails for mounting accessories. Very happy with my "tool box" and the jobs that can be performed with the tools therein. From 0-300 yards is well represented, with heavy concentration on 3-75.
That is why I have the firearm equivalent to Snap On's Set 6.

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
I have to say SIG Sauer is the only brand I'm "into".
I have a few other brands but it is usually just one specific one in that brand. I think there are three brands I have two or three of. But they fill specific desires or roles I had that SIG Sauer didn't fill.

Reactions: haldir

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
My daily carry now is a H&K P2000. If you think Sigs are a blackhole for money, don't start on the HK line.
Amen to that brother!! My EDC is the exact same!! P2000 LEM V2 in either 9mm or .40. I have and carry both. Usually the .40

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Sig (3), Colt, Glock, Ruger, S&W (2), and SA (20 are in my safe.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Other than Sig, Ruger and S&W for powerful revolvers, S&W 41 for target other than a Sig Hammerli Trailside, only polymer guns I like are Walther PPQ's (best trigger in tactical tuperware) and my wife likes Glock and has several. Rifle wise, old Bushmaster, she has a Stag as she shoots left eye dominant, Springfield for M1As, Ruger, Winchester and Remington on bolt actions with one Savage 110 BA in .338 Lapua. Shotguns are Remington 870 tacticals.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Are we talking concealed carry pistols or guns generally (including shotguns and rifles)? There would be too many for me to list if it's all guns, but for concealed carry, currently I'm content with adding Beretta, S&W, and Ruger to rotate in along with my SIG P229. I love and have owned six Glocks as well, but this is what I'm into right now. All of these are phenomenal picks in my opinion, but everyone is different. You can't really go wrong with Glock, HK, Walther, etc... But I do shy away in most cases from companies like Taurus, Sccy and others like that. I'm not saying they're bad, but I will say they are not as good in most cases as the companies I've listed.

Personal protective equipment Font Automotive design Auto part Gun accessory

21 - 40 of 73 Posts