SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into SIG because of the P365 series.
Between their Legion “Club”, their Custom Works series, their Customer Service, and the fact they offer an academy seems pretty interesting to me. Great company they seem and they make cool firearms that also intrigue.

I also want to broaden my horizons and check out other brands.
I own a Ruger and Canik and CZ and a Spring Field Rifle.

I know I’ll probably jump into the Glock Game.

How ever CZ, H&K, S&W, F&N, Ruger, Springfield, Beretta, Mossberg, Taurus, Kimber, Walther, or any other brands haven’t really brought much excitement. Maybe with a pistol or two I like but nothing else.

So what brands do you folks enjoy and why?

·
Registered
46 Posts
CZs ;)

Really most of my purchases in the last couple years are CZs or DWs. I think they’re both goal values for what they are and I love shooting metal framed guns.

I have tried lots of other makes, Colt, Sig, Glock, HK, Canik, STI, S&W etc. they just don’t resonate with me as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm like my CZ P-01 and my Sig P320 about the same with a very slight edge to the CZ, however because of the way I dress and where I live I carry a Ruger LC9S Pro (pocket carry) more than both of them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
CZ, B&T.

Your CZ didn’t bring you much excitement because you got the plain Jane CZ 75. If you get a Czechmate, TSO, Shadow 2 Orange or Shadow 2, I guarantee, you will leave your other guns in the safe or might be selling them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm like my CZ P-01 and my Sig P320 about the same with a very slight edge to the CZ, however because of the way I dress and where I live I carry a Ruger LC9S Pro (pocket carry) more than both of them.

Why the edge to the CZ?
CZ, B&T.

Your CZ didn’t bring you much excitement because you got the plain Jane CZ 75. If you get a Czechmate, TSO, Shadow 2 Orange or Shadow 2, I guarantee, you will leave your other guns in the safe or might be selling them.
Seems to be a BUNCH of CZ fans here! I am going to have to investigate and figure out why! Yeah I brought just a 75B (hey they said it was their initial Flagship) I am going to research the models you mention. Maybe I’ll have to add something to my collection and see where this hype is coming from! Because right now I don’t get it lol.

·
Registered
242 Posts
To Sigtitan I favor the CZ slightly over the Sig is the lower bore axis (less muzzle rise) and it actually fits my hand a bit better. Don't get me wrong I like both very much just a slight edge to CZ

·
Registered
mk25, 516 7.5, 365xl, p2000sk, PWS mk109, Stag Model 1, Dead Air, Streamlight, Romeos and Eotechs
108 Posts
I do HK pistols. I have a lefty in the house and HK does truly ambi controls. I am also a sucker for the paddle mag release. I think it hits just right...

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
CZ’s.

I have 4 Sigs and 3 CZ’s. Hopefully soon I’ll get a 4th CZ. A SP-01 Tactical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Why the edge to the CZ?

Seems to be a BUNCH of CZ fans here! I am going to have to investigate and figure out why! Yeah I brought just a 75B (hey they said it was their initial Flagship) I am going to research the models you mention. Maybe I’ll have to add something to my collection and see where this hype is coming from! Because right now I don’t get it lol.
The CZs use the inside the rail setup like the Sig P210 allowing for tighter tolerance hence, better accuracy.

The flagship is the czechmate. It’s mainly for competition. It comes with two barrels. One is setup with a red dot for open division and the other barrel is setup for limited division in uspsa. The TSO is mainly for limited division while the shadow 2 is for production division. However, their is an Optics ready version for Carry Optics division or can be milked for a red dot also.

here’s mine with the limited division barrel setup at the bottom.
Green Air gun Trigger Grey Line

Primary czechmate with the red dot barrel and compensator setup for open division
White Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

backup czechmate (top) TSO (bottom gun)
Photograph White Vertebrate Light Air gun

TSO
Air gun Blue Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

Shadow 2
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
46 Posts
The CZs use the inside the rail setup like the Sig P210 allowing for tighter tolerance hence, better accuracy.

The flagship is the czechmate. It’s mainly for competition. It comes with two barrels. One is setup with a red dot for open division and the other barrel is setup for limited division in uspsa. The TSO is mainly for limited division while the shadow 2 is for production division. However, their is an Optics ready version for Carry Optics division or can be milked for a red dot also.

here’s mine with the limited division barrel setup at the bottom.
View attachment 415960

Primary czechmate with the red dot barrel and compensator setup for open division
View attachment 415961

backup czechmate (top) TSO (bottom gun)
View attachment 415962

TSO
View attachment 415964

Shadow 2
View attachment 415963
What he said!
Although, I really prefer the SP-01 Shadows. They balance and point better than the Shadow 2s for me. Also, their slides are easier to grab!

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
What he said!
Although, I really prefer the SP-01 Shadows. They balance and point better than the Shadow 2s for me. Also, their slides are easier to grab!

That’s true. The shadow 2 tend to be nose heavy but a pair of heavier grips can balance it out nicely.

·
Registered
236 Posts
HK... I do not own any HK but if Sigs were not available, HK would be my choice.
I respect CZ but with my old hands, I cannot get a good grip on their minimal slide serrations.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I like glocks for a minimalistic carry gun. I was a glock loyalist for years.

For TDA guns I've used sigs, berettas, hk, and cz. As of right now my preference is for sig, but I lean more combat/self defense orientated then competition.

Everyone praises cz, so I bought a p01 and have had it cajunized. It's nice, but I'm not convinced that they are as great as some make them out to be. Maybe I should try one of their full size guns. I thought about buying an sp01 tactical.

I had an hk p30s. It too was nice but I let it go. The safety was in a bad spot for me.

Soli Deo Gloria

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Pistolcraft and collection is over years of experience and purchasing. My weapons run from Walther PPK/PP, Berretta, S&W revolvers & semi-autos, Colt 1911, Springfield 1911, AMT, Browning Baby Browning and Highpower, Mauser Luger, and Sig. Since I carried the sig for duty use and I am familiar with it, I carry it to this day. I've fired them all and carried most on and off-duty with the exception of the Mauser, AMT and the 22's. Which I shot for S&Gs and competitively before it was a thing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
To me...firearms are tools. As such, my tool box requires different tools for different jobs. Pistols are but one tool and have rather specific roles. Mainly very close range (3 yards) and high emergency use, along with easy portability. Having 15 hammers is not my intent, thus to round out my tool box there are other tools to consider. In the Pistol realm, both revolver and semi-auto are important. A revolver can literally shoot through a pocket (concealed). A "reasonable" option. Taurus 85, Ruger sp101, or Dan Wesson are my picks there. I like Sig Pistols and have 2 P365's plus a Ruger LCPII. .A shotgun is paramount for some scenarios and Benelli is King to me. The M1-4 Super 90 is awesome. A Rifle is good for longer range. Many calibers to choose, however 5.56 has a proven record. The AR platform can provide any level of customization you could ever need/desire. Sig has an excellent platform. My latest "tool box" add was a PCC PDW. For me, the weight of the Extar EP9 was a big determinant at 4 pounds. 24 " with a 6.5" barrel. Delivered complete with a Glock factory mag and a brace. Last shot bolt hold open and a single pin takedown. Upper and lower pica tinny rails for mounting accessories. Very happy with my "tool box" and the jobs that can be performed with the tools therein. From 0-300 yards is well represented, with heavy concentration on 3-75.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts