SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post. Just wondering what lubricants/cleaning agents you guys use and why.
Personally I use Froglube almost exclusively on all my guns because it "seasons" the the metal, similar to a good cast iron frying pan. This "seasoning" is pretty cool because I can clean my guns and then wipe them completely dry, but when I fire, the lubricant magically appears where it is needed, the moving parts. It is great for cleaning too, because it removes any abrasive and harsh chemicals that might be on the gun. I only run steel frame pistols, but it supposedly cleans polymer just as good as metal. I live in Florida, so humidity is much more of a concern to me, and Froglube has never let me down with rust issues, ect. I've never had the opportunity to run it in extreme cold, any experience with its use in the cold would be great.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Hoppes NO. 9 for cleaning just like I have used for the past 45 years and use it primarily for the bore. Butch's Bore Shine if I need something a little more agressive for copper but usually use that on my rifles.

For lube I use Slide Glide Medium for my alloy frame SIGs and for others either Weapon Shield lube or MPro-7 LPX though they are also excellent for alloy frame SIGs also but I prefer Slide Glide Medium grease for the range at least. IMO a quality grease give the best protection against wear on an alloy frame SIG. Bruce Gray of Grayguns is a big proponent on grease on Sig alloy frame rails.

For protectant I use Breakfree CLP for normal maintenance and for long term or severe conditions I use Eezox which has proven to be stellar for such.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sirsigalot here
1.Hoppes #9 solvent to clean all my guns.
2. Rem oil for all moving parts.
3.Hoppes #9 gun oil on the rails and finish.
Slick like snot never jam:shoot:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts