SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing about this and that kind of lube for my Sig so I thought I'd ask here... what do you use on your rails for lube? I"ve never had an issue with my Springfield XD's but with the Sig I have. I've been using Hoppe but the last time I went to the range had two misfires. I would assume the Sig gets hotter than the XD's... All guns were just cleaned a week before heading there...Comments??

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
938s are pretty tight, or at least mine is. Sig includes TW25B and that is what I use on tight guns. Rails and entire barrel-slide.
Mil comm makes it

Mil-Comm Products - TW-25B synthetic lubricant protectant grease or oil for firearms, fishing reels, locks and hardware.

For looser guns I use Brian Enos Slide Glide medium and heavy.
That gives me good coverage across the spectrum.

By mis fires, do you mean light strikes ? 938s usually don't have a problem with that, but a few have. Changing brand of ammo might help.
If not and if it does continue, Sig will make it right 603-610-333-3

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am a big fan of Weapon Shield, I started using it several years ago on a very tight 1911 Dan Wesson, the hotter and more dirty gun gets the better she will perform, same goes for my Sig P938. I have not had a misfire, or malfunction yet and closing in on 1000 rounds.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
NLGI - 2 grease for warmer months, NLGI - 1 grease for colder months...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Most of the commercial gun lubes are fine. I use the Slip 2000 products:
EWG (really like the syringe applicator)
EWL (general purpose lube)
EWL 30 (higher viscosity – doesn't run)

·
Registered
415 Posts
I use GUN BUTTER, works great, stays put, tested to -55 degrees here in Alaska

·
Registered
5 Posts
I started using the Mil-Comm since it came with my pistol. It seems to work really well and cleanup couldn't be easier after the range. It wipes right off taking all the gunk with it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I quit using tw25b. It's too liquidy if that's even a word. Especially on long range trips. I use shooters choice. Nice and thick and lubes well. Even on cerakote

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the advise. Just came back from the range... misfire although it was a feed problem, looks like ramp is dirty. I'll try the tw25b!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I also like Slip2000 products. I've grown a custom to grease the rails especially on any metal framed pistols.
One question though specific to the p938... I noticed when working the slide, the hammer ( under spring tension) wipes (or drags) on a raised area of the slide's underside....a thin film of grease or oil ???? I chose the grease for now but question any ill effects from the slight accumulation on the hammer face.
The sig manual is very brief on the lube points. Any preferance?

·
Registered
347 Posts
TW-25B on the rails. I am sold on Gun Butter for the internal parts. Using the Gun Butter in the bottle with the needle tip I put a small amount on every pin and contact point in my guns. It is like having a trigger job in a bottle. It is high priced stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Reactions: Reagan 39

·
Registered
676 Posts
I use Slip 2000 EWL 30 on all my pistols.
YES, YES on the EWL30 used it for years, great!
After reading 26 pages of Flocks Lube, switching from Tetra ( has some nasty comments about it's properties on other forums) and going with Slip2000 EWG...On order from Amazon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts