SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering selling my 1990 P226 and wondering what it's worth.

- Matching numbers.
- Excellent working/finish condition.
- Legion controls and Grayguns solid guide rod.
- E2 grips (but still have the original 1990 grips and Sig P226 grips).
- SRT trigger upgrade.
- Trigger 7 installed.
- Sent to Sig for inspection and action enhancement package (have paperwork).
- Sig night sights.
- Orginial magazine and a new one.
- Have all the original parts to keep the gun complete.
- Do not have the original paper box or target.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
It's difficult to say with precision, because value is a subjective thing.

But as an estimate of fair market value, I'd guess $650 +/-. Unfortunately, one rarely recoups the full cost of upgrades on resale.

Good luck with your sale!

Reactions: Mills and bearone2

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
It's difficult to say with precision, because value is a subjective thing.

But as an estimate of fair market value, I'd guess $650 +/-. Unfortunately, one rarely recoups the full cost of upgrades on resale.

Good luck with your sale!
That's a bit on the high side, but ballpark for my area.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I'd consider that a hell of a bargain for a triple SN, KA date code West German 226 in excellent condition with a $180 AEP.

But that's what I meant when I said value is a subjective concept.

Reactions: bearone2

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,568 Posts
I'd consider that a hell of a bargain for a triple SN, KA date code West German 226 in excellent condition with a $180 AEP.

But that's what I meant when I said value is a subjective concept.
true, all nice enhancements but without target & original box just another early 226 for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Help with magazine information

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I'm trying to find as much information about the older p226 20rd mags. I cant seem to find much info on them. If possible, please direct me to the Sig guru that can help me learn more about this magazine. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I'm trying to find as much information about the older p226 20rd mags. I cant seem to find much info on them. If possible, please direct me to the Sig guru that can help me learn more about this magazine. Thanks!
Hi Andy, and welcome to SIGTalk.

We'll be happy to help you with your question, but it's probably best to start a new thread.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
If I were you, I would try for $625 but realistically, $575 is what I would likely offer for it (If I were looking and if it were actually for sale). Likely a situation where the buyer will get more that they are hoping for and you will not get what it is REALLY worth.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I tried to sell a 92 226, numbers matching factory K-kote gun and had it down to $450 with no bites.

Saw a plain-jane 226 with brand new night sights go for $350 on funbrokerr a couple weeks ago. Made me mad when I realized I missed it.

I think a lot depends on who's eye it catches and when more than anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.