SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not plan on being a SIG fanboy, but by the number of SIGs I own you would think I am (but I still believe I am not...). I currently have:

P320 9mm
P320 .45 ACP
P229 Elite 9mm
P226 DA/SA 9mm
P226 SAO 9mm
P220 .45 ACP
M400 11.5 in upper 5.56 mm
516 14.5 pin and welded upper 5.56 mm

and my favorite is probably my DA/SA P226. Has threaded barrel, armory craft flat trigger, SRT kit installed, armory craft sport take down lever, and Parker Mountain Machine compensator. Next is slide milling for RMR. she shoot so nice....

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
+1 on the P225. Although it is not now my primary carry weapon, it remains my favorite for its elegant proportions, reliability, and accuracy. Current events have encouraged me to carry something with a higher capacity (I'd rather be over-prepared than to be under-prepared) and so I am favoring a P229 in .357Sig with an OEM 12-mag in the pistol and two Mec-Gar 14 round mags on my belt.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Probably right now it’s either my p229 or p226 Legion, both DA/SA in 9mm. They’re both fantastic!

But just this week I got a p229 9mm Legion SAO from Sigke here on the forum, that was once also owned by Speedwagon. Both of them speak very highly of this gun, and once I get it to the range tomorrow (hopefully), I very well may have a new favorite!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,815 Posts
I'm going to have to say, my EDC for "heavier" days (Friday thru Sunday)... my "AD" prefix P229 in .40 S&W. With 24 to 36 rounds of Remington 180 grain Golden Saber with an average .82" expansion @ 13.8" penetration, gives me "comfort"!;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I really like all my Sigs. But if I could keep only one I guess I'd have to pick my 320 X-5. I've added the Legion trigger, Grey Guns "fat rod", 1911 spring and a TALON grip cover. It's a real range monster ... and I have seven 21 round mags and it will really eat up ammo ...:lol: (shown here with the Kere's trigger before I traded it out for the Legion)

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm going to have to say, my EDC for "heavier" days (Friday thru Sunday)... my "AD" prefix P229 in .40 S&W. With 24 to 36 rounds of Remington 180 grain Golden Saber with an average .82" expansion @ 13.8" penetration, gives me "comfort"!;)
I do like the looks of that one, Willard!

As much as I like my 9mm Legions, I have to say that my p229 CPO that I bought as sort of an afterthought really handles the recoil of the .40 round very well. I don’t particularly enjoy shooting.40 out of *any* of my polymer guns, but the Sig is actually pleasant - and fun!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The P220's,226's,227's,228's,229's "working stock" pistols w/ all platform Cal X Change kits/Bbls in use/possession.

The other, "couple dozen" that are NIB are appreciated & appreciating every day/month/year & have since the early 90's!

·
Registered
73 Posts
P226 Tacops with Grayguns Competition trigger kit, Dawson competition fiber optic front, blacked out rear sight, stainless steel guide rod, 1911 spring, streamlight TLR-2 HL® G GUN LIGHT (green laser), Hogue Magrip Piranha Grip G10 - G-Mascus Green.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts