SIG Talk banner

Read OP: What is your favorite SIG and/or Hogue grip material for the classic P series of pistols?

• Soft Overmolded Rubber

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Hardwood

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • G10

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • Aluminum

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Polymer

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Polymer E2

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 10.4%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite, or—if you have more than one preference—what are your favorite SIG and/or Hogue grips or grip material for the classic P series of pistols? You can select more than one.

Note: I broke up the polymer choice into "Polymer" and "Polymer E2" because they are very different from each other in feel, texture, shape and design (one piece vs two piece).

I also left "other" in the event I am missing something that doesn't fall into the categories I listed. Just leave your alternative preferences if they exist in the comments.

Reactions: Devereaux

·
Registered
16,804 Posts
What is your favorite, or—if you have more than one preference—what are your favorite SIG and/or Hogue grips or grip material for the classic P series of pistols? You can select more than one.

Note: I broke up the polymer choice into "Polymer" and "Polymer E2" because they are very different from each other in feel, texture, shape and design (one piece vs two piece).

I also left "other" in the event I am missing something that doesn't fall into the categories I listed. Just leave your alternative preferences if they exist in the comments.
OEM Rosewood. I have some for most of My Sig pistols If the model did not come with them,

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: Devereaux

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,680 Posts
While I would prefer in most cases Piranha textured G-10 material to OEM Polymer, to include E2 grips, the sheer fact that the E2s provide a smaller circumference, is a benefit to those wth smaller hands and shorter fingers! As I have mentioned before having absolute control over your firearm is more beneficial, than it's "looks"!!!

The early days of the German supplied checkered hard polymer grips, resulted in fewer alternatives. While those with larger hands may have found the checkered hardwood grips, a reasonable alternative, many had to settle for the rubber over molded Hogue, or Pachmayr grips which too resulted in a larger grip, but with some traction that gave some better control of your weapon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I prefer G10 all the way. The OEMs have good shape but lack grip. G10s provide nice grip texture and they're easy to shift in smaller hands for manipulating controls. E2s come off immediately...Cheap cheese graters IMO. G10s on my P225, P228, P245, P220 Carry SAS and stock on P229 Legion. I did put a Hogue fingergrip rubber sleeve on my P365.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts