SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I see that the back of my extractor was pushed out a little bit, or atleast I thought. Didn't think this was normal, so to check for function I was just racking the slide and having the bullets eject. Every time on the 10th round it gets stuck like that. I've tried it 3 times now, I'm assuming it's the mag but I need assistance on what to check and fix..

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
262 Posts
On the 10th round. Sounds as if the mag spring is a little weak or the mag needs a good cleaning.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mag has only about 60 rounds through it. I installed an ndz mag plate. Could it be something to do with that?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, I tried one last thing. I switched out my mag release and now it works fine. It seems as tho the plastic button was a little worn cause the mag release to move farther inside the magazine causing it to hang up on the spring. My assumption atleast since installing a new one, it now works fine. I was loosing my mind if you couldn't tell. Thanks to those that responded!

·
Registered
Lots of guns...
65 Posts
Looks to me like you're missing a hammer...
All kidding aside, nose-diving ammo is usually a magazine issue. Odd that your mag release was the problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks to me like you're missing a hammer...
All kidding aside, nose-diving ammo is usually a magazine issue. Odd that your mag release was the problem.
I have a steel extended mag release. But the plastic retaining piece was worn down from changing it often. That lead to the steel crossbar to be farther into the magazine, catching the spring or guide rod. That was my thought atleast, but was confirmed by someone at Icarus precision.

Just want to give a big thanks and shout out to them for the beautiful craftsmanship, and responding to my email within minutes. (After 5pm non the less). The people over there are on top of their game.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Are you using reloads or factory ammo? Is the OAL in spec? People are selling a lot of their crappy reloads at inflated prices right now.

Ok, I read further and it appears that you found the issue was the mag catch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you using reloads or factory ammo? Is the OAL in spec? People are selling a lot of their crappy reloads at inflated prices right.

Ok, I read further and it appears that you found the issue was the mag catch.
Those were federal HST 124 grain +p. But yea I know I can't believe that. Although ammo has dropped 10 cents the last I checked so hopefully they're going to continue to drop!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah, I know. I was at a gun show and a guy was selling what he claimed were full boxes of factory loads at $50-$60 a box. I agreed to take a box of what were supposed to be Federal Hydroshocks. Luckily I asked him to open the box and saw it was full of reloads, I passed on them of course.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So now this issue is back. Even after new wedge. I'm really not sure what to do. If it was possible I'd as for either a longer spring or a metal wedge. I'm still looking for a fix if anyone has a solution.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sometimes one of the spring coils will get caught on the mag body (bottom edge) if an extension is being used. Are you using one or is it just the regular baseplate?

I'd take the mag apart, check for any debris/obstructions and clean it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Happened with all mags new and old. Different baseplates, ndz, oem including a brand new 15 round oem. I've taken them apart. The oldest one probably had only 50 rounds through it. 115 hp, 124 HPs, and 115 fmj have been through it so far

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just ordered another brand new mag release kit, and a different extended mag release from AC. The one I'm currently using is the vuurwapen.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Does the problem occur with the factory mag release? As much as you may not want to I'd want to see if the problem still occurs, if it were mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does the problem occur with the factory mag release? As much as you may not want to I'd want to see if the problem still occurs, if it were mine.
Yes. It's happened with my old (from original frame) and new factory mag release (one came with a grip module). The old one had same issue and then when I put it back into original grip module it would not even set.it just became loose and fell out. It's as though the mag scratched off enough material the wedge or crossbar cannot stay in place

·
Registered
537 Posts
Pete, how many rounds through the pistol? Just to get some perspective on the wear you're experiencing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts