SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think is the softest shooting 10mm? 1911? P220? CZ clone (e.g. Tanfoglio Witness)? Glock? Springfield XD? Grand Power/Bersa P40?

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
581 Posts
My money is on the Glock 20. You wouldn’t think that a light polymer frame would be good at taming recoil but my G20 does amazing well. Same with its .45acp counter part, the G21. Less felt recoil than my Sig P220 in .45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’ll largely depend on the type of ammo you’re using.
But assuming you use the same ammo, what is the softest shooting?

Reactions: Steve Shannon

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
My P220 10mm is my winner.

I have a 6" SA 1911 TRP Long slide that is sweet to shoot, but it is such a pain to reassemble after field stripping that I don't shoot it as much.

I have a SIG 10mm 1911 TACOPS that isn't bad, but I much prefer my P220s.

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
I can't say it's "the softest shooting" because I haven't shot every model of 10mm pistol out there, but my P220 handles 10mm very well.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have shot the below . I put them in order of how “soft shooting” they are to me .

Springfield TRP 6” with RMR
P220 emperor scorpion.
SW 610 revolver
Colt Delta Elite
Glock G20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
Only 10mm I have shot is the only one I own, a Springfield XDM. It's accurate and gets back on target well. Handles the 10mm without problems.
I would like to try out one of those.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I've got 4 10's. My Glock 20 is the softest shooting. I can't tell any difference between my P220, and 1911. I've recently traded for a Glock 29. It's............really snappy.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I love my P220 Elite but...I wasn't looking for a soft shooting 10MM. Haven't tried any others to compare to.

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
I think the P220 10mm is a pretty easy shooter, and I like to shoot the hot stuff.

I don't consider my G20 Gen 4 to be a soft shooter, not by a long shot. But it is manageable. My only problem is my G20 just doesn't fit my hand well. The grip doesn't fit as well as my FNX-45 with 15 rounds of .45ACP in the grip.

A 6" 1911 makes a pretty smooth shooter.

Reactions: sigkimber

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I have three P220/10 and used to have a G20. To me the mass of the 220 outdoes the flex of the G20. But it's not obvious one way or the other. Now, my philosophy is that if you are not going to load up to the full power design loads of the 10mm don't bother with it - save your money and get a .40 or 9. The recoil of the 10mm fully loaded really is not a problem and I never understood why the FBI dropped it so quickly. I would not choose my weapon based upon how soft it shoots, rather how I intend to use it. For me that's pigs and deer and bear backup.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts