SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Wilson Combat P320 Carry II Grip Module for my P320 X-Compact RXP and it is absolutely phenomenal! I tried the X-Compact grip module by Wilson because I thought it would print slightly less. To my dismay, the back of the grip is identical to the Carry II!

So here are the differences between the X-Compact and Carry II Wilson Combat grip modules:
- X-Compact has shorter front of the grip, so I can't quite get all my fingers on it
- X-Compact grip uses the 15 rd mags vs the 17 rd mags of the Carry II

So why on earth would anyone want the X-Compact grip? It prints the same since the back of the grip has the same dimensions as the Carry II. So why wouldn't you want 2 more rounds capacity and more room for your fingers??? I'm baffled. And no, the longer magazine doesn't make a difference in printing. The back of the grip is the print point, at least for me. And the rails on the grip modules are identical. The Carry II was made for the X-Compact slide. Literally the only difference is the cutout at the front of the grip.

Obviously, I sent back the X-Compact grip and run the Carry II. I'm just trying to understand why anyone would run the X-Compact version.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It depends on your carry position and build. For me, the mag well flare and base plate of a 17 round mag were the printing points for me when carrying AIWB. I am currently waiting on an exchange from Wilson to alleviate this issue on my full size.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Back when I was carrying a 320 I found the difference in length between the carry (specifically the WC) and the compact so miniscule that I choose to go the carry route and have 2 extra rnds.

For me, if the carry printed in a particular attire, then so would the compact.

Soli Deo Gloria

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Mdeezyh2
I agree totally with you.

I had Wilson Send me a Compact Grip because I already had two 15 Round Magazines.
I did not like losing the feel of the Full Grip & Magwell of the Carry and instead feeling the front of the Magazine.
SO
Even though I already had two 15 Round Magazines I decided to keep my Wilson Carry Grip and sent the Wilson Compact Grip back to Sig.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I totally agree with you as well... I prefer the Carry II or OEM X-Compact grip module (which for my body type prints the least) to the Wilson Combat X-Compact that prints the same as the Carry II and has the step between the mag baseplate and where the grip is cut down...

Another plus of the Carry II is that you can safely use 21rd mags without the gap and it will still have a physical stop against the bottom of the grip to protect the ejector from bending...

Got some Strike Industries polymer +5 for the 15rd mags to run on the OEM X-Compact grip module and they work great...

Just a friendly warning, I got roasted a few months ago when I posted about the WC X-Compact being a cut down version of the Carry II instead of designed from the ground up as evident by the cut lines on the polymer and the step between grip and base plate...

Wilson Combat X-Compact Grip Module
Wilson Combat X-Compact Grip Module

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm confused. I thought the 320 Xcompact was in a 3.6" frame whereas the Carry II frame is for the 3.9" barrel. So if I switch my Xcompact module for a Carry module, wouldn't my 3.6" barrel look a little short in the Carry frame? Isn't the size of a Wilson Xcompact module the same size as a Sig Xcompact module? (for flush fit with 3.6" barrel)
Now if you're talking Sig Compact, and not Xcompact, then I get it. The Sig Compact is the 3.9" version, like the Carry. In that case, the above posts make sense to me. But, it still seems like the Xcompact barrel would not be a flush fit at the end of the Carry module. Correct?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm confused. I thought the 320 Xcompact was in a 3.6" frame whereas the Carry II frame is for the 3.9" barrel. So if I switch my Xcompact module for a Carry module, wouldn't my 3.6" barrel look a little short in the Carry frame? Isn't the size of a Wilson Xcompact module the same size as a Sig Xcompact module? (for flush fit with 3.6" barrel)
Now if you're talking Sig Compact, and not Xcompact, then I get it. The Sig Compact is the 3.9" version, like the Carry. In that case, the above posts make sense to me. But, it still seems like the Xcompact barrel would not be a flush fit at the end of the Carry module. Correct?
You are correct about the Wilson Combat Carry Grip Module, but not the Carry II. The Carry II is shorter to be flush with the X-Compact slide.

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
The Carry is 3.9
The Carry II is 3.6"

I will say this..
For someone like myself to do the changeover from a Sig X-Compact Grip & Magazines to a Wilson Carry Grip
There was the cost of the Grip itself ($65.00) and at least one 17 Round Magazine.($50.00)
That's $115.00 to make the change..
In my case though I bought two 17 Round Magazines SO for me to leave my X-Compact Grip and Magazines and go to Wilson cost me around $165.00
That's not chump change to swap out a grip.
To some people that's a Commitment that not everyone can afford.

Whereas if they just got a Compact or X-Compact Wilson and used their magazines then the cost is just the Grip @$65.00
Just an FYI.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Carry is 3.9
The Carry II is 3.6"

I will say this..
For someone like myself to do the changeover from a Sig X-Compact Grip & Magazines to a Wilson Carry Grip
There was the cost of the Grip itself ($65.00) and at least one 17 Round Magazine.($50.00)
That's $115.00 to make the change..
In my case though I bought two 17 Round Magazines SO for me to leave my X-Compact Grip and Magazines and go to Wilson cost me around $165.00
That's not chump change to swap out a grip.
To some people that's a Commitment that not everyone can afford.

Whereas if they just got a Compact or X-Compact Wilson and used their magazines then the cost is just the Grip @$65.00
Just an FYI.
Best answer so far! I minimized the cost by selling my 15 round mags on here

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
I minimized the cost by selling my 15 round mags on here

I still have that option and though the possibility that I will go back to my X-Compact is rare.
As long as I have my two 15 Round Mags I have options.
I also have 3 Compact Grips Blk / FDE / ODG in Small and 2 X-Compact Grips.
If I sell my 15's I might as well sell all of my Grips too.
A decision I am slow to make...maybe one day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Then there is Stopsign32v that say's

The stock X grip is much better than that cheesy **** Wilson

T
Though if you monitor SigTalk at all you will discover that those that feel like Stopsign32v
are Very Very Rare!
The Wilson Grips seem to Convert almost everyone that tries them!

Take me for example...
I own 2 X-Compact Grips (the white one below with Talon PRO & MS Cut completed just weeks before getting a Wilson Grip)
Yet the Wilson Carry impressed me so much that I spent an additional $165.00 to make the Wilson change!
I took my newly purchased White X-Compact and put it back into it's Sig Box where it sits today.
Not to mention that had I also spent $13.00 on ebay for a Manual Safety Template so I could cut my X-Compact for a MS.

That's how much I liked the Wilson Carry MS Grip...
I was an instant Convert and I have not found anything to sway me away from it yet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, the stock X grip is much better than that cheesy **** Wilson came out with. Had 2, sold 2
Couldn’t disagree with you more. I ordered my X-Compact without ever having shot a P320 and had a bit of buyers remorse the first time I took it out. Just felt uncomfortable to me. Popped the Wilson Combat Carry II module on and fell in love. So enjoyable and comfortable to shoot now. Selling my X grip today in fact. Already sold my 15 round mags.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Couldn’t disagree with you more. I ordered my X-Compact without ever having shot a P320 and had a bit of buyers remorse the first time I took it out. Just felt uncomfortable to me. Popped the Wilson Combat Carry II module on and fell in love.
That's the joy of having options. I'm with Stopsign. The stock XCompact grip is the most comfortable grip I've ever felt on any handgun. It's like SIG crept into my house at night and took a mold of my hand to create the XCompact grip. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's the joy of having options. I'm with Stopsign. The stock XCompact grip is the most comfortable grip I've ever felt on any handgun. It's like SIG crept into my house at night and took a mold of my hand to create the XCompact grip. :ROFLMAO:
What a creepy picture, lol. That’s why we have home defense guns 🤣

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Sig has taken the route of Legos, Tinker Toys, Erector Sets and getting as much bang out of your buck as possible. I like Sig guns but I don’t “buy” into all the switching, adding, replacing **** on them. I buy what I like, make sure they have great night sights then keep them stock as purchased. But.... that’s just me. Each to their own. I just think their overall quality is seeming to suffer just a tad due to it all.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.