SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is not intended to be a troll post! Or a caliber debate! It is simply based on a few recent threads, some with a lot of data involved. My question is simple, what is the best frame / design/caliber that is most reliable and most proven worldwide in modern handgun use?:unsure: I'm not trying to start any trouble here, I understand that I am on a Sig Sauer forum, and that some bias May skew responses. Not going to list this as a poll question, I've had problems with that before just curious!...ABBO!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Urban carry: Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM

Wilderness carry: Springfield Armory 1911-A1 TRP .45 ACP.

I couldn't tell you the last time I carried a handgun on my person in urban areas.

When fishing the Rockies with my kids, I will have my TRP close if not on me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This question is not intended to be a troll post! Or a caliber debate! It is simply based on a few recent threads, some with a lot of data involved. My question is simple, what is the best frame / design/caliber that is most reliable and most proven worldwide in modern handgun use?:unsure: I'm not trying to start any trouble here, I understand that I am on a Sig Sauer forum, and that some bias May skew responses. Not going to list this as a poll question, I've had problems with that before just curious!...ABBO!!!
these are the 3 on my CC permit, I carry the Glock 26 during warmer weather ,probably my favorite carry gun,
I also carry my P238 alot in the summer, and it's my walking/hiking gun,
and my XD9 that I love, gets carried daily in the colder weather when I have bulkier clothing on and when camping or hiking.

P238 is .380
Glock 26 is 9mm
XD9 is 9mm
I always test new ammo at the range before I depend on it to carry, in each gun.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Material property Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
My EDC now is the BUL 2011 SAS ultralight. For almost 10 years before that it was my Sig 1911 Ultra 45. I switched because as I get older and more irritable I feel I definitely need twice as many rounds. The BUL is a beautiful pistol and carrys very well. My 1911 was flawless and also carried perfect but 9 mm is lighter fits more and is a great defensive round.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,659 Posts
Each individual should choose what they feel fits them the best, and can effectively control, both as to firearm, and caliber.

For myself, I'd have to say my P229 SAS .40 S&W.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
For me, Sig P320 SubCompact in 9mm with XCompact grip module.
X-ray 3 night sights with Olight PL Mini II light.
Easy to conceal and just big enough to be comfortable in the hand.
Wood Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Each individual should choose what they feel fits them the best, and can effectively control, both as to firearm, and caliber.

For myself, I'd have to say my P229 SAS .40 S&W.
After getting a Sig P229, it changed my outlook on various features on most double action pistols. BTW, trigger bar 2 is on its way from mgw, should be here Monday.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts