SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
A third on the EZ. My wife has small hands and terrible arthritis, and this has been the best for her so far. I actually bought her a 9mm EZ so she has options in case .380 ACP ammunition is not readily available.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
@ShooterGranny

(Also, the slide on the 3/4-size Browning 1991-22 is really pretty easy to rack.)

Question: Do you think that there should be a "Women's Corner" subforum on this site for questions by or related to women's shooting?

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I purchased an EAA Tanfoglio WItness Pavona ostensibly as a SD firearm for my daughter, but she didn't care for it as much as she did my XDs-45, so I still have it. The Well-Armed Woman website says of it,

Built in Italy by Tangfolio. Designed by and for women, this pistol is more than just a pretty face. The creative team included Sharon Lacy, who did extensive research on the needs of women shooters, including gathering direct feedback from women gun owners of all ages and experience levels. The Pavona semi-automatic pistol is specifically engineered with their issues in mind and addresses many of the common problems women have with guns.
and

The Pavona is great choice for women in the market for a gun for training and home or car defense. This is a gun that can be handled with confidence by women of all sizes and experience levels. The gun’s fit, feel and woman-friendly design and appearance is very welcomed. I look forward to seeing future enhancements and models from this company that is so fully committed to meeting the needs of women shooters.
Sadly, they are hard to find. I got mine through EAA, but it seems they no longer carry the Tanfoglio brand

Reactions: E350 and hauki

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Yep, EZ Shield is a treat and a top seller for ease of use and good trigger being internally hammer fired. Wife bought one though she can rack other pistols fairly easily but it was the poly 9MM pistol she could shoot the best after trying several as it fit her hands/fingers so well.

Of course technique is important too and if she has not tried so yet have her practice gripping the slide and them moving the pistol frame forward to rack the slide. There are several You Tube videos on the topic. The M&P 22 Compact is also very easy to rack the slide if a 22LR pistol is a possible option too.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Sig's P238 is easy on the hands
View attachment 469293
The P238 is THE MOST user friendly gun I have ever shot and that includes the EZ in either .380 or 9mm. I have had issues with my EZ and do not trust it for SD, but my P238's are flawless (if you don't badly limp wrist them) and very reliable. Unfortunately they are scare as hens' teeth anymore since SIG stopped making all but that CA compliant version, and those are hard to find also.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Mrs Tinyman had problems with her G42 so she got herself an M&P 380EZ -- no problems.
Most people with the EZ's only stand and shoot at paper. Unfortunately self defense shooting is rarely standing in one place and shooting at a non moving target. As soon as you add movement - as in real SD drills -- that upside down grip safety on the EZ's is going to cause serious problems because in the process of moving and shooting almost no one can keep a totally steady/constant true high and tight grip - and the moment your grip relaxes a wee bit the gun stops. It just stops. Dead: Until you adjust your grip and by that time you could be dead.

One of my shooting buddies has one in 9mm and she is an excellent shooter. Even she has problems with moving and shooting that EZ 9mm that her husband bought for her.

The above is for your information from one who has had experience with both the .380 and 9mm models.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
My wife has a P365 - and a set of hand weights (dumbbells). After 2 years it is not so hard to overhand the slide.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts