·
Registered
2,986 Posts
The one I'm carrying.

Reactions: SW547

·
Registered
21,785 Posts
Have to say, I also have a deep affection for your above Colt Gold Cup Mk IV National Match Series '70, as it's the 1st pistol that I actually bought myself back in the early '70's. Here's mine, sporting a pair of Sambar grips, and the same in the Government model, with the stock walnut/medallion grips . . .

Some other pretty ones worth mentioning (IMHO) are . . .

Anyway, hard to decide . . .

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Have to say, I also have a deep affection for your above Colt Gold Cup Mk IV National Match Series '70, as it's the 1st pistol that I actually bought myself back in the early '70's. Here's mine, sporting a pair of Sambar grips, and the same in the Government model, with the stock walnut/medallion grips . . .

Some other pretty ones worth mentioning (IMHO) are . . .

Anyway, hard to decide . . .

Nice collection!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Mine is in the shop getting a touch up, but my vote goes towards a 1911 Commander. It has that classic profile and can make the basic finishes to the fancy look shine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new to the forum but would like to share a picture of my little girl. It was a gun I have always wanted so I saved up and purchased this in 1995 - was a special order from Colt. It took a trip to Gunsite for some tweaking and has been a great gun ever since. Love the feel of this. My last purchase - a P320 Compact. Kind of Plain Jane but a great shooting gun.
Colt.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
The Walther PP if I'm being shallow and just going for looks.

I just sold this PP this year and have another, but this photo was handy..

Also, the post-war era PPK is its cute little sister:

But if you want looks and brains, the P229 is hard to beat:

Reactions: Magpie

·
Registered
203 Posts
I used to own an Ed Brown Kobra Carry that had a silver frame, but blues/black slide. Other than occasionally taking it to the range, I think I shot one IDPA classifier with it. It was so pretty that I couldn’t bring myself to carry it. I finally sold it.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts