SIG Talk banner

What do you consider the pistol most associated with the SIG brand?

• P220

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • P226

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • P228

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • P229

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • P320

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • P365

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.1%
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Here's the poll, now that I can use a browser.

Normally I'd give you multiple choices for an answer, but the idea is the ONE pistol, so I'm going to make you make a choice. :D

Can mods merge this poll and the previous thread?

·
Super Moderator
P365/P365XL
979 Posts
Here's the poll, now that I can use a browser.

Normally I'd give you multiple choices for an answer, but the idea is the ONE pistol, so I'm going to make you make a choice. :D

Can mods merge this poll and the previous thread?
You're all set :)

• Love
Reactions: CybrSlydr

·
Premium Member
Sig P365 SIGMPX SIG 220ELITE
68 Posts
I agree with jocko113. The p226 is probably the GOLD Standard. However, I really like carrying my p220 ELITE in a shoulder rig. Shoots & cycles smooth as silk & is in the 10mm. Yea

·
Registered
122 Posts
For me it’s the p226. I’d say if you polled America it would probably be the 365.
I was going to say the same thing. If you’ve been around a while it’s definitely the 226. If you’re more new to guns it’s the 365. You could make an argument for the 320 with the amount of agency contracts on it now. Give it 20 years and maybe it’ll catch up with the 226. That said the most “Sig” pistol for me is the 229 but that’s just cuz it’s my favorite.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Curious what you think, is it the P220? P226? Has the P320 asserted its self in brand association?

Like... if you were going to purchase a pistol that was the quintessential SIG pistol, which one is it?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I think there has to be context to the question. I agree with the 226 making Sig well-known. However, the P320 really revolutionized modern pistols. The modular design, caliber x-change kits, etc... I would say make it the poster child for Sig. Military use, competition use and everyday carry, in various calibers, ALL from one platform. Nobody else can claim that!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think there has to be context to the question. I agree with the 226 making Sig well-known. However, the P320 really revolutionized modern pistols. The modular design, caliber x-change kits, etc... I would say make it the poster child for Sig. Military use, competition use and everyday carry, in various calibers, ALL from one platform. Nobody else can claim that!!!
CZ has been in the military/ competition/ carry world for decades with the 75B platform. The modular platform is groundbreaking but can present issues to a collector down the road. As much as I like the 320, it's given Sig as much bad press as it has good.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,317 Posts
When you only say SIG... I would have to say the P210, if adding Sauers involvement... the P220!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
It depends on how one views the question

Asking what pistol I personally associate with the brand it is the P228 (Because I have sold off most everything but P228 types)

What pistol do I think the world associates with the brand as Willard stated S.I.G or after S.I.G joined with JP Sauer und Sohn well that started with the P220 but then the P226 could certainly (as the poll suggests) said to be the flagship most known etc

How one interprets the question qualifies the answer

IMO

Reactions: Just Plain Cliff
81 - 100 of 100 Posts