SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already asked about the SRT and the Action Enhancement package and am going to wait and re-evaluate after I improve my fundamentals. Thanks for the help.

I'm curious what some people's favorite modifications and accessories are for their p226 (other than the SRT).

If it makes a difference, I will use my p226 mk25 as a range gun and a home defense solution. I don't plan on carrying it.

·
Premium Member
18,468 Posts
Since you are admittedly a new shooter, why not focus your energies on sharpening your skills? As you become acclimated to the gun, you will find naturally what works or doesn't, for you. I'm of the firm belief that it's the indian rather than the arrow. Focus on your pistolcraft, the rest will come.

·
Registered
70 Posts
MC's advice is the first order of business but if you are using this gun for home defense a light would be a worthwhile accessory. I have a TLR4 for my 226. My instructor at the Sig Academy was very strong about home defense weapons being equipped with a light.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I'm happy with my E2 grips and Insight M6X weapon light/laser. I'm also happy with my Safariland thigh holster and magazine pouches. I think my favorite accessory though is the 6 extra mags I got here in the classifieds, with the 3 that it came with that gives me 135 rounds between reloading. Shoot the **** out of it!:salute2:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I think some of you are confused, the op asked about modifications and accessories. Ammo is not an accessory but a necessity!:p

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MC's advice is the first order of business but if you are using this gun for home defense a light would be a worthwhile accessory. I have a TLR4 for my 226. My instructor at the Sig Academy was very strong about home defense weapons being equipped with a light.
Thank you. I've been looking at lights and really want one but was having trouble picking one. My current instructor is convinced that I need to hold a light above my head and in my non dominant hand so I don't give the bad guys a line of sight to my center mass. I think he's a moron. I get his point but think he is trading one problem for a worse problem bc intuitively to me the separate hand with a light would be harder to coordinate and aim effectively unless I extensively trained using that method. long winded way of saying thanks and yes I am going to find a new instructor.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My favorite accessory is call OOTB. (out of the box).

Ha, just grips for me, stock for the rest.

Reactions: Mickey
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.