SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Banned
1,165 Posts
I like to carry the SOG Q2 baton with me most of the time.

Gives me a decent utility knife plus a flashlight in a small and easy to carry package. Knife mostly just gets used for opening packages but it's definitely nice to have.

Only complaint is that the flashlight doesn't have a push button. It's twist/turn on, twist/turn off and doesn't give you a whole lot of tactile sensation whether it's on or off. A few times it's accidentally turned on in my pocket.

The finish is not super durable. After about 6-12 months you can see it's starting to wear in a number of spots, particularly where the body folds in on itself.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like to carry the SOG Q2 baton with me most of the time.

Gives me a decent utility knife plus a flashlight in a small and easy to carry package. Knife mostly just gets used for opening packages but it's definitely nice to have.

Only complaint is that the flashlight doesn't have a push button. It's twist/turn on, twist/turn off and doesn't give you a whole lot of tactile sensation whether it's on or off. A few times it's accidentally turned on in my pocket.

The finish is not super durable. After about 6-12 months you can see it's starting to wear in a number of spots, particularly where the body folds in on itself.

Awesome. Nice to see tools being used.
Thanx for the pics

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Boker Kalashnikov Automatic, black / black with tanto blade is my EDC. (top)

The FDE stays in my bedside table with my house gun and flashlight.

The grey model went to a friend for a birthday present.

Really great knife for the money … mine's a year old and is carried everyday and has held up very well. Pretty easy to sharpen and holds it's edge. I have lots of blades for working hard, the Boker is just carried for backup self defense.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boker Kalashnikov Automatic, black / black with tanto blade is my EDC. (top)

The FDE stays in my bedside table with my house gun and flashlight.

The grey model went to a friend for a birthday present.

Really great knife for the money … mine's a year old and is carried everyday and has held up very well. Pretty easy to sharpen and holds it's edge. I have lots of blades for working hard, the Boker is just carried for backup self defense.
Helll yeah man.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Benchmade AutoStryker 9100SBK that I’ve been carrying daily for quite a few years.

Good automatic knife, but I will never send another dime of my money to Benchmade in the future.

·
Banned
1,165 Posts
Good automatic knife, but I will never send another dime of my money to Benchmade in the future.
Might I ask why?

I had a Benchmade knife accidentally sent to my home by SmokyMountainKnifeWorks when I purchased an optic from them. I ended up returning it to the sender but not before playing around with it just a little bit. Seemed high quality and the temptation to keep it was running mighty high. The price was high enough on it that I didn't think they'd accept, "oh yeah? I never saw that in my mailbox'" as an answer.

That is my only experience with benchmade products.

Please tell me why I should/should not purchase a benchmade knife in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
I get it. As I remember Bench Made volunteered to let a local police department use their shop and even helped them destroy a large number of firearms. These were confiscated guns from arrests. It was also said that some were stolen guns that weren't returned to the original owners.

There were videos showing BM employees cutting up shotguns and rifles. BM seemed very proud of themselves for their part in this "public service"... many knife buyers didn't see it that way. My one and only BM now rides on a shelf and I carry a Boker or TOPS.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Benchmade Mini Barrage which is the knife I carry 95% of the time and it shows. I carry a case pocketknife some also depending on what my job requires me to do that day
Nice.
I also carry a little Case XX with me
A small Texas Toothpick
Thing I like about that 187, is its like having a folding fixed blade lol

·
Premium Member
10,132 Posts
I get it. As I remember Bench Made volunteered to let a local police department use their shop and even helped them destroy a large number of firearms. These were confiscated guns from arrests. It was also said that some were stolen guns that weren't returned to the original owners.

There were videos showing BM employees cutting up shotguns and rifles. BM seemed very proud of themselves for their part in this "public service"... many knife buyers didn't see it that way. My one and only BM now rides on a shelf and I carry a Boker or TOPS.
I had forgotten about that. :(

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Buck 110 or Buck USA edc.

Reactions: Papa Sig
1 - 20 of 174 Posts