SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one in particular that I liked, now I can't seem to find it.

It was a sling that would hold the rifle in 3? different positions............I think.

TIA

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
I have a sling I bought a while back that can be attached at a single point or dual attachment, but currently have nothing on my AR. Haley Strategic has some nice slings, though.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I rarely put a sling on full size rifles. On my SBR's and sub pistols I use Savvy Sniper slings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw one in particular that I liked, now I can't seem to find it.

It was a sling that would hold the rifle in 3? different positions............I think.

TIA
I've been using a VTAC 2pt for years now & love it! Any 2pt combat sling with a quick adjust strap would produce great results IMO. The blue force Vickers is another example of this style. Single points have a way of seeking out areas of ones body in which to slam ones rifle during transitions if you smell what I'm stepping in!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just run a simple two point setup on all of mine with the Magpul MS1 being my preferred sling. I was given a Blueforce Vickers sling but didn't like it as much as the Magpul so it now serves as a shoulder strap on one of my range bags.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,635 Posts
Predominately the Magpul, dependent on AR, most are MS3, with a variety of "ends"... as bblr mentioned the "carbines" are using the ASAP for a rear attachment point, and the "MSA" MOE Sling Attachment on the handguard for either 1 or 2 point attachment. On the "rifles" all have Magpul MOE Fixed stocks with QD sockets fore and aft, and forearms with the MSA loops, for either 1 or 2 point mounting versatility.

There are probably "Higher Speed" sling assemblies out there, that are too fast for me... and you have to admit, some of them are a little pricey, for in most cases 6' or so, of webbing, some slides, and clips! I guess you are paying for somebodies idea!

Reactions: jringo8769

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Use a "made in the USA by grown *** men" convertible style. Came with HK style hooks but I put a qd attachment point on the end (less rattle).

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Use a "made in the USA by grown *** men" convertible style. Came with HK style hooks but I put a qd attachment point on the end (less rattle).
LOLOL, the Google results for that were, well................strange.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the ideas, I will do some searching on each one and see which one fits my needs.

Whatever I get needs to at least work with a tactical vest.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts