SIG Talk banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Which 1 gun do you regret ever selling. For me it is a SW 629 Classic Hunter. Unfluted cylinder, 6” barrel.. it was a sweet shooter. Due to life issues I had to sell it.. I’ll likely never buy another as I have since bought an Anaconda. But it was one gun I wish I still had.

Pictures found on the internet.
View attachment 478175 View attachment 478174
Most seller remorse I've ever had: Heckler & Koch P7M8. Now long discontinued, there's never been an all metal marvel like, not even close. As for revolver seller remorse: my old time stainless S&W 22 magnum 4" bbl. It was mechanical jewelry.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Custom 3" SW 686-4 (BPW-0516), it belonged to my father-in-law. It was a tight piece(Wednesday Gun=All chambers fit a Match chamber gauge). Carried it off-duty with Crimson-Trace grips. Traded it for SW4516(in case of multiple attackers 12+1 instead of 6 rounds). If I found it, I would pay for it, to get it back! What happens living on a budget.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Guess I'm older than most of the respondents here.

I have two big regrets, both 1970s vintage; my Belgium made Browning Hi-Power and my Mauser Hsc.
I traded them when I fell in love with a 2.5" nickel plated Python, which I recently traded for an Ed Brown EVO KC-9.

But I learned a long time ago to think seriously before trading guns. You will often live to regret it and then spend even more trying to replace them.

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.” Otto von Bismarck

·
Registered
212 Posts
An original Sig P226 Legion. When I was able to purchase another one, Sig had changed the original finish to one that was more durable but a different color. I preferred the different color.
I don't regret selling any of my non-Legion Sigs. The Legions are a cut-above the regular retail models, IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still have mine. You know those are fairly rare guns. Made only for about 6 months, they were each hand-fitted by a craftsman at Colt. They shot only .38 Spl midrange wad cutters. They were meant to be competition to S&W’s Model 52 (which I also have). They came in a number of barrel length configurations. A long slide is really rare. They are the only real 1911’s that I’ve ever seen that are blow-back in design, with groves in the chamber to hold the expanded case until pressures dropped enough to make the case retract. As such, the barrel/slide relationship never changed.
FWIW they were made from November 1960 thru November 1973. About 9300 total. NEVER heard of a long slide in these…unless done by a custom smith. There were 3 stages of development of the barrels ending with the development of the MK III version which solved many issues with accuracy and performance. Lightened slides, fitted bushings etc. Many folks swap out parts thinking they can make ‘em better…but in reality it messes up the performance usually. I’ve had to put a few back in shape due to this.
Love mine! YMMV

·
Registered
21 Posts
Most seller remorse I've ever had: Heckler & Koch P7M8. Now long discontinued, there's never been an all metal marvel like, not even close. As for revolver seller remorse: my old time stainless S&W 22 magnum 4" bbl. It was mechanical jewelry.
Ain't that the truth!!! I sold mine for double the original price, had a factory extended length barrel and five magazines. Now the price has doubled plus again. Should have never sold the thing but I will buy another one as circusmstances allow.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I not sure what you mean by selling my guns. :unsure:

I have never, ever sold any of my guns.

I have given away a few as gifts, but I don't regret doing so, ever.

In my family, you never sell a gun unless you are in dire straits, and in that case a family member would step up, to prevent a bad decision being made under duress... ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had a SA M1 Garand that was a gift when I graduated high school. While in college, I frequently took long weekends to backpack and fly fish, but was uneasy because I didn’t have a side arm. As a 21yr old, I had never even taken the Garand to the range and had no practical use for it. So, I went to a pawn shop and I traded the Garand…for a S&W SW9VE. It was their version of a Glock style option back in ‘01 and I have not stopped kicking myself for making that trade since I figured out a couple years later just exactly how stupid I had been.
Oof, that’s brutal.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts