SIG Talk banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Colt Agent Light Weight .38, Parkerized, shrouded ejection rod, removable factory hammer shroud.
Back then, I had to sell a gun to be able to afford a different one.
What a shame.:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Calico Liberty I 9mm carbine with the collapsible stock and 100-round magazine. I bought it in the mid-90s and sold it to a friend a few years later on the condition he'd give me the chance to buy it back if he ever decided to sell. MFer ended up selling it without letting me know.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Colt Gold Cup National Match .38 Special Wadcutter….only gun I ever regretted selling although I rarely ever sell any of my guns. That was 20 years ago and I’m still crying!
Still have mine. You know those are fairly rare guns. Made only for about 6 months, they were each hand-fitted by a craftsman at Colt. They shot only .38 Spl midrange wad cutters. They were meant to be competition to S&W’s Model 52 (which I also have). They came in a number of barrel length configurations. A long slide is really rare. They are the only real 1911’s that I’ve ever seen that are blow-back in design, with groves in the chamber to hold the expanded case until pressures dropped enough to make the case retract. As such, the barrel/slide relationship never changed.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Which 1 gun do you regret ever selling. For me it is a SW 629 Classic Hunter. Unfluted cylinder, 6” barrel.. it was a sweet shooter. Due to life issues I had to sell it.. I’ll likely never buy another as I have since bought an Anaconda. But it was one gun I wish I still had.

Pictures found on the internet.
View attachment 478175 View attachment 478174
I had the exact same revolver. It was a great gun. I could no longer deal with the recoil after dislocating my thumb twice, so I sold it. I now stick to .45 acp, .40 S&W and 9mm.

·
Registered
P320. I own five of them.
9 Posts
A 1903 A3. I will regret to the day I die selling that gun. My father bought it in 1961 through mail order from a listing in the back of the NRA Rifleman magazine. It was a new gun from U.S. Military surplus.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
I have two I regret selling. One was a S&W Combat Masterpieece with target hammer and trigger I bought new in the 60’s. The other (surprisingly) was a Gen 1 Glock G17 with the original light trigger.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's probably my first Sig - a P228. I always had problems with my thumb and the slide lock, so I finally sold it. It wasn't until I joined here that I learned about the Legion controls that solved my problem! So I ended up buying another P228 (although this one was worked on by the Sig Armorer1) to fill in my collection. It cost me a couple of hundred bucks to get right back to where I started with my very first handgun purchase!
Also a 1992 228. At 82 arthritis caught up to me so I gave it to my son-in-law./ I don't regret doing so but I miss having it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still have mine. You know those are fairly rare guns. Made only for about 6 months, they were each hand-fitted by a craftsman at Colt. They shot only .38 Spl midrange wad cutters. They were meant to be competition to S&W’s Model 52 (which I also have). They came in a number of barrel length configurations. A long slide is really rare. They are the only real 1911’s that I’ve ever seen that are blow-back in design, with groves in the chamber to hold the expanded case until pressures dropped enough to make the case retract. As such, the barrel/slide relationship never changed.
It was a beautiful gun and I know very rare. Today it would be worth about 5 times what I sold it for. I rarely shot it because it was pristine and was always afraid of messing it up……that was the main reason I sold it; it was a safe queen

41 - 60 of 100 Posts