SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
My 1976 Colt Combat Commander in satin nickel finish, .45 ACP which I carried as my off-duty/backup weapon during the time I served as an SA, FBI, in Chicago during the middle to late 1970's. I had added pachmayr grips and a flat mainspring housing which made it "perfect" for my uses. Why I sold it years later I will never understand.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not just because this is a Sig Forum, but I would say my Sig Ultra 2 Tone. SUCH a great firearm. Should never have sold it! Now they have jumped up in price.

I also sold a DW Valor (stainless) I didnt fire it much, or carry it. Thats why the Ultra is such a bummer

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Not just because this is a Sig Forum, but I would say my Sig Ultra 2 Tone. SUCH a great firearm. Should never have sold it! Now they have jumped up in price.
I was short-sighted and got rid of one of those as well. Still kick myself.

The other regret I have was my P229 ASE in .40 S&W

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Not a firearm, but a barrel.
My dad bought me a Remington 870 Wingmaster when I turned 12. That was 1969. 20 gauge, 28” plain barrel. A wonderful shotgun. Later, I really got into Partridge hunting. Often in heavy cover. I traded that original barrel for a 25” vent ribbed skeet. I was young and had scant funds. The new combo was “killer” for the purpose. But, I really wish I still had that original barrel. I still have the shotgun. It mostly comes out of the safe when I’m feeling nostalgic and melancholy.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Not a firearm, but a barrel.
My dad bought me a Remington 870 Wingmaster when I turned 12. That was 1969. 20 gauge, 28” plain barrel. A wonderful shotgun. Later, I really got into Partridge hunting. Often in heavy cover. I traded that original barrel for a 25” vent ribbed skeet. I was young and had scant funds. The new combo was “killer” for the purpose. But, I really wish I still had that original barrel. I still have the shotgun. It mostly comes out of the safe when I’m feeling nostalgic and melancholy.
I have that Remington 870 Wingmaster now for many years.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Which 1 gun do you regret ever selling. For me it is a SW 629 Classic Hunter. Unfluted cylinder, 6” barrel.. it was a sweet shooter. Due to life issues I had to sell it.. I’ll likely never buy another as I have since bought an Anaconda. But it was one gun I wish I still had.

Pictures found on the internet.
View attachment 478175 View attachment 478174
Colt 1911 government series …stainless.
At the time I didn’t have a safe and I started accumulating guns. Also sold a stainless S&W .357 . Poor reason to sell either.
Which 1 gun do you regret ever selling. For me it is a SW 629 Classic Hunter. Unfluted cylinder, 6” barrel.. it was a sweet shooter. Due to life issues I had to sell it.. I’ll likely never buy another as I have since bought an Anaconda. But it was one gun I wish I still had.

Pictures found on the internet.
View attachment 478175 View attachment 478174

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I don't think I truly regret selling any of them. I sold a few that I really didn't want to give up, but it was necessary to buy others and I can't say I truly regret parting with them (especially when newer/better options came along). The closest I come to regret is my Gen4 G26 (stock save for the sights). That gun was a shooter. It outshot both my G19's and it was as easy as any gun to carry other than a true pocket pistol in my opinion. Maybe I do regret it because they no longer make them anymore. The finish was ****. I would practically scratch the thing breathing on it. But to date I still don't know of a pistol that can shoot that well compared to full-size guns. The P365 is a great gun and very accurate, and you can certainly get it into a pocket much more easily than any G26, but nothing stock G-26 size or smaller in my opinion can shoot as accurately or as fast as a G26. Not in my hands. Not anything I've tried. And yes, it was more accurate than my Gen5 G26 with the "marksman" barrel. I guess I do regret it. Damn.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Kitchen utensil

Reactions: Devereaux
21 - 40 of 100 Posts