SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
🎖USAF Retired
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which 1 gun do you regret ever selling. For me it is a SW 629 Classic Hunter. Unfluted cylinder, 6” barrel.. it was a sweet shooter. Due to life issues I had to sell it.. I’ll likely never buy another as I have since bought an Anaconda. But it was one gun I wish I still had.

Pictures found on the internet.
Air gun Green Trigger Revolver Gun barrel
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
372 Posts
I guess I'd have to say my Beretta 391 and I say that because it's the only gun I've sold then ended up replacing with another one later.

I only sell guns that I end up not caring for. The 391 is the only one I sold because I wasn't using it and wanted the cash for something else. I kicked myself for that so when I found another for a decent price, I bought it. Worked out OK money wise as the first one I had I sold for $200 more than I paid for it and paid the same exact price for the second one that I sold the first one for.

·
🎖USN Veteran
Sig P220, P226, P227, P228, P365XL, P365XL, M400 TREAD, 716i TREAD, 516 G2 Patrol, MPX K
1,775 Posts
It's probably my first Sig - a P228. I always had problems with my thumb and the slide lock, so I finally sold it. It wasn't until I joined here that I learned about the Legion controls that solved my problem! So I ended up buying another P228 (although this one was worked on by the Sig Armorer1) to fill in my collection. It cost me a couple of hundred bucks to get right back to where I started with my very first handgun purchase!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had a SA M1 Garand that was a gift when I graduated high school. While in college, I frequently took long weekends to backpack and fly fish, but was uneasy because I didn’t have a side arm. As a 21yr old, I had never even taken the Garand to the range and had no practical use for it. So, I went to a pawn shop and I traded the Garand…for a S&W SW9VE. It was their version of a Glock style option back in ‘01 and I have not stopped kicking myself for making that trade since I figured out a couple years later just exactly how stupid I had been.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My first duty weapon. 1989 S&W 586 4 inch 357. When I got off probation, I went with a Colt 1911 45acp. I figured I wouldn't need it anymore, so I got rid of it. Looking back, that was stupid !!

I wish I could locate it. I'd be willing to pay a premium to have it back. . .

·
Registered
8 Posts
my Remington R-1911. it was my very first 1911, and i really liked it. but my shooting buddy liked it as well, but there were no more at the LGS for him to buy, so i sold him mine.

but it's ok really, i "graduated" to other brands of 1911's and in my menial collection, i have a low priced Tisas, which is really a very sweet 1911.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts