SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Well That Hurt - Had To Pass On a C3

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  GTGunner 
#1 ·
Came across a tremendous nearby deal on a LNIB C3 and planned to buy it. Seller only wanted $625. Unfortunately, according to another member of the household who I'd rather not have furious with me, I've purchased too many guns lately. So I had to back out. That hurt. Seems crazy to me to pass on that gun at that price.

:(

#11 ·
Hate that for you, OP. Keep your eyes open - there will be another deal one day.

Speaking of the C3, does anyone know why Sig didn't make night sights standard on it? It would seem logical for what is specifically designed to be a carry gun, right?

Anyway, don't mean to hijack the OP's thread - that's just a question I've always wondered about it...

#22 ·
That was very strange when I first came across the C3 models years ago. Why no night sights on the C3 considering the price. For ~$130 more than the standard C3, I opted to buy the C3 Plus that came with night sights, a magwell, and Crimson Trace laser grips. It was a no brainer to get the Plus model for $929!!! What an awesome pistol. I had a guy offer me $1100 for it and I flat out rejected. In fact, when I came across another C3 Plus, I bought that as well and keep it in the safe to pass along to my son!

Attachments

#15 ·
Good for you. Always put your wife first. If she's not happy with the purchase, respect her opinion. Sooner or later, you'll want her to respect yours.
Your marriage is worth more than a good deal on a gun.

#17 ·
How good of a gal is she? Sometimes you have to weigh things out logically.
I am kidding. I've passed on a deal or two through the years.... had to comply to keep peace. After 40+ years or marriage I can say it was worth the sacrifice. And after 40+ years she is getting pretty accustomed to me not saying no to very many deals. She just shakes her head and gets over it.

#18 ·
LOL. We're 24 years in, and I definitely got the better end of the deal. Loved the gun; loved the price; but love her far more.

I'm a bit of a deal-finder. I figure if I buy a gun below value, the worst that can happen is I enjoy it for a little bit and then make some money on it.

So, I've come up with three great deals on SIGs lately. I got the first one (my 938 Equinox) NIB for only $500. Then, I decided to buy a 238 for her and found one NIB for $399. She loves the gun but was mad initially that I had bought another one so quickly. I think I've purchased maybe 6 total in the past year, but those last two SIGs in the past month and a half or so. Guess maybe it wouldn't hurt to slow down a little.

But I really like that deal. ;)

#20 ·
My guns have saved my life countless times. If I didn't spend all my money on them I would have already bought another Hayabusa and put a turbo on it like I wanted for the last one. Would be on some lonely road doing a deep deuce (well past 200) and risking my life. :)

Plus it could be an expensive surf board, a new parachute, money sunk into a money pit of a boat or any other hobby men are addicted to.

I just happen to be addicted to guns.........

#21 ·
I have to share how this ended.

So, my wife and I were able to sit down and talk about the gun yesterday, and she seemed to actually reconsidering. To my surprise, a little bit later while I was in the middle of an errand, she agreed I should buy the gun. I was unable to contact the seller until about 45 minutes later, when I finished what I was doing.

He said he had sold it 45 minutes prior to my text. So, that means he sold it almost exactly when my wife agreed I should buy it. I felt like I had lost the championship game on a last-second score. That hurt, but I had to laugh about it.

There'll be more great deals in the future, and this discussion helped my wife better understand my perspective and give her blessing in advance.

So, anyone else have a dirt-cheap C3......... LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.