SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across a tremendous nearby deal on a LNIB C3 and planned to buy it. Seller only wanted $625. Unfortunately, according to another member of the household who I'd rather not have furious with me, I've purchased too many guns lately. So I had to back out. That hurt. Seems crazy to me to pass on that gun at that price.

:(

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Came across a tremendous nearby deal on a LNIB C3 and planned to buy it. Seller only wanted $625. Unfortunately, according to another member of the household who I'd rather not have furious with me, I've purchased too many guns lately. So I had to back out. That hurt. Seems crazy to me to pass on that gun at that price.

:(
I've bought a gun or two over the years and didn't tell the Mrs. :eek: Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hate that for you, OP. Keep your eyes open - there will be another deal one day.

Speaking of the C3, does anyone know why Sig didn't make night sights standard on it? It would seem logical for what is specifically designed to be a carry gun, right?

Anyway, don't mean to hijack the OP's thread - that's just a question I've always wondered about it...

·
Banned
516 Posts
That is an excellent deal...there is one for sale near me for $850.

As others have mentioned, either beg for forgiveness or sneak it into the collection.

I have done both, a few times...always easier to get the go ahead, but sometimes sacrifices must be made! ;)

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Good for you. Always put your wife first. If she's not happy with the purchase, respect her opinion. Sooner or later, you'll want her to respect yours.
Your marriage is worth more than a good deal on a gun.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
How good of a gal is she? Sometimes you have to weigh things out logically.
I am kidding. I've passed on a deal or two through the years.... had to comply to keep peace. After 40+ years or marriage I can say it was worth the sacrifice. And after 40+ years she is getting pretty accustomed to me not saying no to very many deals. She just shakes her head and gets over it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How good of a gal is she? Sometimes you have to weigh things out logically.
I am kidding. I've passed on a deal or two through the years.... had to comply to keep peace. After 40+ years or marriage I can say it was worth the sacrifice. And after 40+ years she is getting pretty accustomed to me not saying no to very many deals. She just shakes her head and gets over it.
LOL. We're 24 years in, and I definitely got the better end of the deal. Loved the gun; loved the price; but love her far more.

I'm a bit of a deal-finder. I figure if I buy a gun below value, the worst that can happen is I enjoy it for a little bit and then make some money on it.

So, I've come up with three great deals on SIGs lately. I got the first one (my 938 Equinox) NIB for only $500. Then, I decided to buy a 238 for her and found one NIB for $399. She loves the gun but was mad initially that I had bought another one so quickly. I think I've purchased maybe 6 total in the past year, but those last two SIGs in the past month and a half or so. Guess maybe it wouldn't hurt to slow down a little.

But I really like that deal. ;)

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Did you explain to her about the disease called: The SigNess? No known cure.
My guns have saved my life countless times. If I didn't spend all my money on them I would have already bought another Hayabusa and put a turbo on it like I wanted for the last one. Would be on some lonely road doing a deep deuce (well past 200) and risking my life. :)

Plus it could be an expensive surf board, a new parachute, money sunk into a money pit of a boat or any other hobby men are addicted to.

I just happen to be addicted to guns.........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.