SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used rit dye, liquid form. Color was Kelly green. I wanted emerald green, but the store I was at only had Kelly. I diluted it with water and a splash of distilled vinegar. I brought the solution to a light boil. I kept checking it and turning it with tongs for 20-30 minutes. Afterwards I scrubbed with a nylon brush and dawn platinum. I have dyed things in the past with good results, no rubbing off etc. if it does then it's an easy $5 and 30 minute fix.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I was going to post the same thing. Would look awesome with some purple accents on the controls!
And a set of Hulk Hands to really make it a sweet photo-op. :)

I love the Hulk. Too bad Mark Ruffalo is such a twat in real life.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The darker color is way better. Now I'm jelly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,061 Posts
I imagine that Rit makes an Olive Drab dye... possibly a "Marine Green", or even "Ranger Green" for those so inclined to produce a "commemorative"!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Had the wife pick up a bottle of dark green at hobby lobby on her way home from work. It's a little darker. Still not as dark as I originally wanted.

You started with a black grip? Wonder if the dye would be a lot lighter if using an FDE grip. I'm sorta feeling inspired...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.