SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning ladies and gents! I've had two cups of coffee and I have a question for ya'll.

I have a P220 SA/DA .45 ACP with a picatinny rail and a P238 Desert Micro-compact

I'm looking to add lights to both. I have a TLR-1 for the 220 but looking for an upgrade. Does the SUREFIRE XC-1 or STREAMLIGHT TLR-6 fit for either?

Or do any of the latest and greatest micro lights fit?

THANK YOU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Banned
5,101 Posts
I would contact Surefire to ask about the XC-1. I know it does fit a number of different platforms, but it seems I've read that it was designed with the Glock in mind. I could be wrong, but I'm sure Surefire will help on it. It is a great light, though! I love mine!

There is another light/laser for the P238. Link below:

https://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/reactor-r5-238

Reactions: GizmoHershey

· Registered
308 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Surefire will work. I have an XC1 that mounts on my sig with pic rail (p229 combat) and sig with proprietary rail (p226 legion).

Edit:
Here's a pic of a xc1 mounted on a proprietary p229 rail.
Mine's at home, I googled that image.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would contact Surefire to ask about the XC-1. I know it does fit a number of different platforms, but it seems I've read that it was designed with the Glock in mind. I could be wrong, but I'm sure Surefire will help on it. It is a great light, though! I love mine!

There is another light/laser for the P238. Link below:

https://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/reactor-r5-238

I've looked at the Viridian. I like how compact it is problem is finding a decent holster.

· Banned
5,101 Posts
I've looked at the Viridian. I like how compact it is problem is finding a decent holster.

That's always the issue, isn't it! :lol: I've gotten rid of guns b/c I couldn't find a decent holster for it. They are available, though. You just have to do the legwork.

· Registered
913 Posts
I would go with a Viridian C5 .. Laser/light .. that way you'll have both .. You can practice trigger control with the laser also an added benefit .. can be used with or with out the laser or the light being on ..

Finding a good holster will be a problem with any laser .. Viridian does offer holsters the fit their lasers ..

· Registered
308 Posts
I would go with a Viridian C5 .. Laser/light .. that way you'll have both .. You can practice trigger control with the laser also an added benefit .. can be used with or with out the laser or the light being on ..

Finding a good holster will be a problem with any laser .. Viridian does offer holsters the fit their lasers ..
If you're patient you won't have to compromise the size of the XC1. The XC2 is going to be released soon and is the same form factor as the XC1 with an added laser.

· Registered
19,375 Posts
Your question sounds like you want new one that will work on both.
The TLR-6 isn't made for a rail or a gun the size of a P220.
If you have an older TLR-1, the new TLR-1 HL has 800 lumens.
My home defense go-to-pistol has a TLR-2 HL G, 800 lumens with a green laser. But it is mounted on a P226 with a true 1913 rail.

· Registered
381 Posts

I have a C5 on my P220 and got it with a holster from Optics Planet. I mounted the holster under a shelf for a very good night stand gun. The C5 doesn't add width or length to the gun.

· Registered
678 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Surefire will work. I have an XC1 that mounts on my sig with pic rail (p229 combat) and sig with proprietary rail (p226 legion).

Edit:

Here's a pic of a xc1 mounted on a proprietary p229 rail.

Mine's at home, I googled that image.

And this is mine on the P226

Sure fire is coming up with a XC1 style laser light combo. I do t know when it will be available but I would wait for that one if I wanted a laser too.

· Registered
308 Posts
And this is mine on the P226

Sure fire is coming up with a XC1 style laser light combo. I do t know when it will be available but I would wait for that one if I wanted a laser too.
I see you carry Hornady critical duty

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fardoche

· Registered
381 Posts
Viridian green laser/light

· Registered
766 Posts
If the P220 is like the P226 TacOps, just about every light will work. If you're looking for a compact solution, I highly recommend the new Inforce APL-C over the Surefire XC1 due to the layout of the controls. If you don't mind a larger light, I prefer Surefire for their outstanding customer service/warranty. I don't care for lasers anymore.

Streamlight TLR-1s

Viridian X5L Green laser and light

Inforce APL, Surefire XC1

Surefire X300U-B vs XC1

Surefire X300U-B

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.