SIG Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I picked up this S&W 686-4 357mag, six shot, the other day, with box. I have a new front sight coming for it. To bring it back to original configuration. I have had a couple of these in the past and sold them to fund other projects. Always regret was the reward. So now in my old age I get to find replacements. So a friend called me up and asked if I wanted this gun? Well, yes! Thought I would share. I am now a member of the gun a month club.:eek::eek:

I posted second picture after taking gun back to original sight system. Also added boot grips.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Have. The 4” and 6” models. Would really like to run across a 2.5” or even a 3”.
Bought mine new, back when they came out. Would have ended up with all of them, if the Signess hadn’t come along:huh: Well, that and Ruger wheel guns.:cool:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Have. The 4” and 6” models. Would really like to run across a 2.5” or even a 3”.
Bought mine new, back when they came out. Would have ended up with all of them, if the Signess hadn’t come along:huh: Well, that and Ruger wheel guns.:cool:
Yeah, Rugers are great. But Smiths are classic.

Great acquisition!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Absolutely, love em both. Just too many options for ME to acquire a full set. :lol: I have always tended to spread the love around, and by the time I circle back around, the opportunity is gone. :(

However the example shown by the OP would certainly follow me home. Today.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
8,990 Posts
Very nice. Congrats.

Reactions: PaulWVa

·
Registered
35,417 Posts
Congrats and a good find.

I feel that way about a S&W-66.
Back in the day it was the choice of detectives, and I owned a couple of them

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Nice pick up. I like my guns the way I like my women … lots of smooth, round parts...:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Yesterday I put factory red ramp white outline sights back on the gun, as well as a nice set of boot grips. My kind of flavor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts