SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago I was approached by a panhandler in the parking lot of a large store as I was loading my purchases. His pitch didn't immediately go to asking for cash but he set off my "this stuff aint right" meter" and rather than be totally distracted by him I had the presence of mind to check my six. Practice and mindset pays off.

Registered
A couple of days ago I was approached by a panhandler in the parking lot of a large store as I was loading my purchases. His pitch didn't immediately go to asking for cash but he set off my "this stuff aint right" meter" and rather than be totally distracted by him I had the presence of mind to check my six. Practice and mindset pays off.
So what was at your six?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So what was at your six?
My six was clear. I then comfortably proceeded to tell the panhandler who was dressed nicer than I to go pound sand.

The point is that I didn't get totally distracted and not check it.

Banned
Excellent!

Registered
I am always looking around, not obviously, I just look around. Just habit. If someone approaches me I put up a difference stance and let him know I am paying attention to him., if that makes sense.
You're talking about the, "I see you" stance, eh? :)

It took me about 6 weeks to read through somewhere around a thousand thread responses about what was your defining moment that led you to concealed carry. There were some massively freaky stories people shared.

Great job on the situational awareness, although I might add that you might also want to think about watching your six even when a pan handler isn't at your 180 viewing area, just in case there's only one perp and that person is sneaking up on ya.

Glad you thought to check. So many sitting ducks out there leading to those stories I found on that thread I mentioned above.

I'm glad I thought to hop on these Forums to learn from others' experiences. Thanks for sharing and glad you weren't harmed. Things could turn out so much worse as we all know.

Registered
"I found myself Glocking along when I stumbled upon H&K, fell hard, then wandered off in a daze, them BAM! I ran right into the P226 Legion 9mm SAO. Oh man.

Ya'll know what happened next."

Um, a Dan Wesson Guardian in 9mm??

Registered
Begging Sitting

Text Human Font Art Begging
Vehicle Mode of transport Motor vehicle Pedestrian Snapshot

U be tacticle alpha sheepdog high situationel awareness warrier!

:thumbsu:

Reactions: Mike55 and Mills
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.