SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past I've been more interested in the P series (I own 4 now) but a few days ago someone posted pictures of their new STX. Wow that is one fine looking pistol.

Now I have a hankering to get a full sized Sig 1911. I started researching what was available and now my head is spinning.....:p so many models to choose from...:eek:

The reason I would be getting it is purely for target practice fun. I've got the pd/hd covered.

This would just be for the pure fun of trying to put as many rounds down range as close to one another as I'm able to do it.

I'm sure there are more models but so far I've found the Emperor, STX, MAX, Super Target, Match Elite and C3.

Please educate me on these models and your suggestion on which one I should get.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
305 Posts
For what you want to do, full 5" would be a blast. I know I have a couple, .45 and 10mm.
Now I've yet to get a Sig in 1911, but I'm sure most will work for you.
The guys that actually have one will be able to provide more insight.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Now that's a tall order to fill. Got quite a few Sig 1911s and they all operate without any issues at all. You nailed it when you commented on how good looking the STX is. It definitely is my favorite hands down just because it is a looker and a head turner!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
1911 Fastback Nightmare in 357 SIG. Great Looking Gun. Extremely comfortable and awesome to shoot. I did the same as you, have a number of P series and wondered what the big deal was with the 1911. Now I know. I don't think I would ever carry but it is aweome at the range.
I wish I could get a Nightmare Carry in .357SIG. It would definitely follow me home the second I saw it.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I made it easy on myself and bought the only full size Sig 1911 in 9mm.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your suggestions.

Are there feature differences in the XO vs STS vs Super Target that make a difference? Or is is just the aesthetics (look of the hand guards, color of the finish, and etc.)?

·
Registered
821 Posts

Are there feature differences in the XO vs STS vs Super Target that make a difference? Or is is just the aesthetics (look of the hand guards, color of the finish, and etc.)?
That's really about it from what I can tell. The XO does come with contrast sights.

On the other models there's also rail or no rail, standard grip frame or rounded, ambi safeties, ramped barrel (Match Elite & Ultra), traditional slide, etc.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have two Sig 1911's - a basic 5" Nitron Railed, and a Fastback Nightmare Carry. Both are just exceptional values for the money. I'm more accurate with the no-frills Nitron Railed than any of my other guns. I would highly recommend it for a range toy!

Although, the pics of the TACOPS and XO in this thread are beautiful!

Reactions: sigke

·
Registered
552 Posts

I have the Tacops, Mainly because its the only one offered in 10mm. But if it were a 45ACP version I was looking for, It would have been a really difficult decision for me.
For a full size in 45, the biggest deciding factor for me would have been Fully adjustable Target sights vs 'combat' fixed sights. And this would depend on its main role. All the other options are not as important to me.

My Tacops is the nicest 1911 I've ever shot.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Angelo - Beautiful Super Target!

Ronin - NICE C3

GBIA - Love your TACOPS

sigke - I like your stainless XO with the blue grips!

Looks like from the responses that any of several models will do me just fine. So now the fun of the hunt begins!!!! :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
A few months ago I came across a like new Sig 1911 full size Nightmare in 45 acp, I made the mistake in asking to see it. After examination and fondling it, I could not put it down. This pistol looked absolutely new and was manufactured less than a year ago. Apparently it had not been fired much if at all. It game with two 8 round magazines and one magazine showed no evidence of ever having a round it it. Being a retired LEO having carried a P series Sig for years and having my own personal Sig series P pistols, this Sig Nightmare needless to say, left with me. I had shot competitively in the past and at one time had a number of competition guns, including customized accurized 45 acp 1911 pistols costing a small fortune. After a range trip to I became even more thrilled with my purchase. Always having had full sized 1911's but none with the fastback or bob-tailed grip I was even more excited after purchasing a 7 round flush fitting magazine and found that this full size 45 acp 1911 is also easily to carry concealed without printing. This gun is extremely accurate and reliable. I would highly recommend any Sig 1911 based on my experience with this one. They are all quality built with the main difference being cosmetic.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.