SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping for assistance with regards to purchasing a Sig with the DAK trigger. Although I've shot Sigs quite a few times over the years, I'm just not a big fan of TDA pistols. A few weeks back, I handled a DAK police turn-in at my local gun store and thought it was darn near the best thing since sliced bread.

I've learned however, that I'm apparently late to the party as it seems Sig has discontinued this trigger type in their pistols.:( In addition, it seems that not just any Sig can be converted to the DAK trigger as apparently the DAK guns have some sort of relief in the frame that the TDA guns do not.

What I'd like is a rail-less 229 that can be had as or converted to DAK. Can anyone tell me if there was/is such an animal? I also would like a new P225 A1. Can anyone say whether or not its frame would allow the conversion?

Thank you.

馃帠USA Veteran
You are correct that the DAK trigger mechanism requires a relief area in the frame that not all 229s have. I believe (but cannot say for certain) that earlier 229s didn't have that relief but current production models do. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge on this will post up.

Here's a pic showing the frame differences:

Gun Trigger Airsoft Starting pistol Airsoft gun

馃帠USA Veteran
You are correct that the DAK trigger mechanism requires a relief area in the frame that not all 229s have. I believe (but cannot say for certain) that earlier 229s didn't have that relief but current production models do. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge on this will post up.

Here's a pic showing the frame differences:

View attachment 134346
stolen....but you get credit!!

Resident Armorer Premium Member
4506, Sigs got the "conversion" listed for 2005+ frames for $199.95 on the Custom Shop's "Menu".https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/
You might check on "Gun Broker" to see if any are listed. I have seen some rail less 229s listed as DAK, previously, I guess it would have been as requested by the agency that had originally ordered the weapons as new, whether they were railed or not.

Registered
If you decide you don't mind a rail, I have a BNIB P229 9mm DAK for sale in the classifieds section. Comes with three magazines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.