SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first Sig, a 716 DMR Gen 1. Haven't taken delivery yet, but needless to say I can't wait. I'm a noob to Sig rifles but I wanted to thank everyone because this forum was a great help in making my decision to pull the trigger so to speak. My only hope is that I don't experience the FTF / FTE issues that some of you have unfortunately had. I'll be honest - I was on the fence but after holding one at my LGS, I was impressed with the fit and finish. The weight doesn't bother me as this will primarily be a range rifle and not used for hunting. One reason why I'm glad I did my research - I would have never known about the factory test chart & grouping results. The first rifle taken out of the box had a group of 0.950 and had a 10 round magazine. I balked and asked them to open another box and that rifle had a grouping of 0.630 and came with a 20 round magazine. I bought that one. I think maybe the 1st one could have been a California compliant rifle since it came with the 10 round mag? Now the wait begins...

· Registered
44 Posts
Welcome from NJ

Reactions: Saint

· Registered
1,490 Posts
Congrats! Be sure to give us a report once you get it out to the range. I've got a 516 which I've really enjoyed but have gotten to shoot a 716 and really liked it as well. They're good, quality rifles and generally are a good value for the $ invested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.