SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first Sig, a 716 DMR Gen 1. Haven't taken delivery yet, but needless to say I can't wait. I'm a noob to Sig rifles but I wanted to thank everyone because this forum was a great help in making my decision to pull the trigger so to speak. My only hope is that I don't experience the FTF / FTE issues that some of you have unfortunately had. I'll be honest - I was on the fence but after holding one at my LGS, I was impressed with the fit and finish. The weight doesn't bother me as this will primarily be a range rifle and not used for hunting. One reason why I'm glad I did my research - I would have never known about the factory test chart & grouping results. The first rifle taken out of the box had a group of 0.950 and had a 10 round magazine. I balked and asked them to open another box and that rifle had a grouping of 0.630 and came with a 20 round magazine. I bought that one. I think maybe the 1st one could have been a California compliant rifle since it came with the 10 round mag? Now the wait begins...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome from NJ

Reactions: Saint

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Congrats! Be sure to give us a report once you get it out to the range. I've got a 516 which I've really enjoyed but have gotten to shoot a 716 and really liked it as well. They're good, quality rifles and generally are a good value for the $ invested.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from PA!

If your gun is current production and has all the updates you should be fine but even if it isn't Sig has been great with getting things handled so no worries.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.