SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New addition to the family, P 226 Extreme! Sounds very mountain dewie, or X-gamie, but what do ya do? Wanted a Legion but this became available and came with 10 magazines! From what I have been able to learn, the only difference between this and a Legion is the checkering, and the stamp, maybe the barrel, could be wrong but it was a very good price. Dude said it's only fired about 100 rounds through it. Clean as a whistle so I'm very pleased. Any other 226 extremist's to chime in?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Now take that pistol and send it off to the TSA and...
1. A competition or carrylevel action job (dont get the competition job if you plan on carrying it)
2. The Super strut main spring system
3. The SRT system (short reset trigger) Not to be confused with the short reach trigger also known as SRT altho you may need it as well if your hands are small.
The guy does amazing work and turn around is fast.
The last one he done for me was a 13 day turn around including the shipping time.
Just about any SIG guy would prefer a Burke worked 226 over a stock Legion any day, I certainly would and yes I actually own both lol
I mocked up an order and it came out to 380.00 bucks.
You will wind up with a pistol that will make Legion owners drool,they wont ever admit it but that dont make it any less true :ROFLMAO:

Oh and nice score by the way!

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Now take that pistol and send it off to the TSA and...
1. A competition or carrylevel action job (dont get the competition job if you plan on carrying it)
2. The Super strut main spring system
3. The SRT system (short reset trigger) Not to be confused with the short reach trigger also known as SRT altho you may need it as well if your hands are small.
The guy does amazing work and turn around is fast.
The last one he done for me was a 13 day turn around including the shipping time.
Just about any SIG guy would prefer a Burke worked 226 over a stock Legion any day, I certainly would and yes I actually own both lol
I mocked up an order and it came out to 380.00 bucks.
You will wind up with a pistol that will make Legion owners drool,they wont ever admit it but that dont make it any less true :ROFLMAO:

Oh and nice score by the way!
I also have both. I would not say hands down the SA is clearly superior in everyday. I do agree that any stock P22X can be greatly improved with improved trigger and strut.

·
🎖USA Veteran
4,504 Posts
Trigger and strut will get you a better trigger than a stock legion as others have said. I have one Legion and I immediately made those two changes. PERFECTION is an understatement.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Great find, I’d have bought it too

·
🎖USN Veteran
P226 Legion 9mm
127 Posts
Well done! Great looking gun. And who doesn’t love a bunch of extra mags! Enjoy!

Reactions: wicked1340

·
Registered
275 Posts
Certainly a “black beauty” compared to the greenish gray Legion. But do keep in mind that the Legion somes with a SRT. You can easily buy TSA Superstrut and mainspring and replace if you are mechanically inclined although take note of the typical Sig warning that anything you do other than filed strip cleaning may void the warrantly. Certainly TSA’s carry level trigger job would make a difference due to some of their “smoothing”. The one thing an Armorer (Sig Certified Armorer) is not supposed to do is dremel parts. If memory serves me (as I have TSA superstruts in all my collection) the TSA mainstring replacement is 20#. You can buy Wolff mainstrings 19# and 18# and see where those leave your tripper pull lbs. You may find going one pound lighter on the mainspring gives the same basic feeling in hand as a “ trigger job”, but I do not know for sue. But you’d certainly need to do testing on defense rounds to make sure you are not getting light primer strikes. My 1.5 cents worth.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Action jobs from TSA dont void your warranty and besides once TSA works on your pistol you also get a lifetime warranty from him.
Not to mention when you call down there he is the one who answers the phone 90% of the time. Great guy to talk with, friendly and dont mind explaining.
Go look at the FAQ page, he addresses the warranty, turn around time etc.

Curious, has anyone had the QTR system installed over the SRT?
If I was the OP I would consider this option as well Im thinkin
This is off the site...

QTR, or Quick Trigger Reset, is a proprietary product from Famed Gunsmith Gerry Ritacco of Total Automation. The Sig Armorer is the only authorized outlet other than Gerry himself for this product.
QTR shortens the single action reset just as much as the SRT does, but in a different way that allows us to create a better single action let-off. Two additional features of the QTR system are reductions in take-up of nearly 50% in Single Action mode and nearly 75% in Double Action mode. This is accomplished thru modification of proprietary parts only.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts