SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just entered the 45 arena and picked up a LNIB P227 SAS. So far put about 200 rounds thru it. Gotta love the short reset trigger on it. Testing bullseye with some various loads ... seems 4.9gr with 230gr plated RN is the sweet spot for it. Started at 3.8 to 5.2 and some of the lower charges cycled the gun (so soft), but was getting peppered by some powder. Dirty cases too. 4.9 was good to go.

Thinking about the P220 carry to accompany it. Or a Redhawk 45LC/ACP ... oh the conundrum.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
LOL Yeah luv dem 45s too, but they're no conundrum - Ya need several!!

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just entered the 45 arena and picked up a LNIB P227 SAS. So far put about 200 rounds thru it. Gotta love the short reset trigger on it. Testing bullseye with some various loads ... seems 4.9gr with 230gr plated RN is the sweet spot for it. Started at 3.8 to 5.2 and some of the lower charges cycled the gun (so soft), but was getting peppered by some powder. Dirty cases too. 4.9 was good to go.

Thinking about the P220 carry to accompany it. Or a Redhawk 45LC/ACP ... oh the conundrum.
I have a S&W 460V - going to have it cut to take moon clips/etc. and be able to shoot .45 ACP with it. That is in addition to .45LC, .454 and .460 mag.

It is pretty heavy and large, but even with .460 Mag it is not bad to shoot, it is fun to shoot with .45LC - my 329 PD is not fun to shoot with anything, but it weighs half as much.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a S&W 460V - going to have it cut to take moon clips/etc. and be able to shoot .45 ACP with it. That is in addition to .45LC, .454 and .460 mag.

It is pretty heavy and large, but even with .460 Mag it is not bad to shoot, it is fun to shoot with .45LC - my 329 PD is not fun to shoot with anything, but it weighs half as much.
I have a SAR K2 .45 that I converted to shoot .45 Super.

Those are great prices on the P227’s, but for anyone who doesn’t want to spend even half of that I highly recommend the SAR K2. It’s a fantastic pistol.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Still got my P227 Tacops. Changed the mag springs, and she runs great. Sexy brute of a pistol, she's staying..........

·
Registered
681 Posts
I dont like to test temptation knowing that the remaining few would start getting too cheap to say no to. So I sold the 5 10 rounds mags I was sitting on in case I got another. No more having to buy a gun to match parts!

Nice collection KC45 !! That screen name makes sooo much more sense now.:cool:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I wanted a P227 TACOPS (to match my P226 TACOPS). However, I couldn't justify the $1200+ for a safe queen. I gave up on it shortly after Sig stopped making them and prices didn't drop. Now that I have more than that much available (saving for a rifle) they are dirt cheap. I can't win.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts